View Single Post
Old 15-03-2016, 08:34 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 266 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1740 / Power: 12
nono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant future
Re: Batam Info / Interest / Help Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiG27 View Post
I saw some comments on whether it is safe to drink water from the tap.....
Yummmmmmmmmmmm..............ahh................Seh ......
(...on my way to Batam now,yipeee....)

From Batam Harris Waterfront Resort
(can be found in trip advisor)
during Oct 2014,hehehe....

Thats not counting the light brownish water i saw in Gideon Hotel. (which i didnt take photos on)

Anyway,i have seek advise on Batam's tap water in the old thread and i am taking bro Newyorker's advise. Tap water in Batam is for those who has a strong stomach. i admit,i am weak...hehehe...so i will try to skip it whenever possible.

Quote:
I was lucky my batam trips so far had been good n not hit by lao sai.
I do bring a box of pochai pills w me every overseas trip.
Just to play safe.
Me too. There is always some Chinese Po Chi pills in my bag whenever i travel to Batam. Even offered one bottle to a little kid in one of the morning when a worried grandma brought her grandson to the reception due to a diarrhea issue in the very early hours of the morning (when pharmacy has not open yet).

Quote:
Anyway, just sharing how I take care of what i ate in batam n i guess also applies in other countries. A tad boring. Coz fear of trying new stuffs.....especially in bangkok.
Life can be more adventurous.....
But not at the expense of falling sick w stomach upset after trying new stuffs.
I drank water direct from the well in some rural countryside while in GuangXi but when in their city area,i still dont drink direct from their tap. I used tap water that has a water filter attached to cook rice,hehehehe...

The least i wish to have in a tour to another country is to fall sick.

Merlin Park Hotel in Jakarta on Feb 2016

Mercure Hotel in Jakarta

Basic Batam Info in One Link

Avoid quoting the whole post if you are replying to me in the thread

信言不美,美言不信。
善者不辩,辩者不善。
知者不博,博者不知。
圣人不积,既以为人己愈有,既以与人己愈多。
天之道,利而不害。
圣人之道,为而不争。

My December 2019 Batam Trip Info