View Single Post
Old 03-12-2006, 02:53 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1066 / Power: 20
canthaveenuf has much to be proud ofcanthaveenuf has much to be proud ofcanthaveenuf has much to be proud ofcanthaveenuf has much to be proud ofcanthaveenuf has much to be proud ofcanthaveenuf has much to be proud ofcanthaveenuf has much to be proud ofcanthaveenuf has much to be proud of
Re: Liverpool Fc @ Anfield - Reds Supporters Gatherings

I am sure all real RED fans slept very well last night. Finally, we have won our first away game. Long overdue, but better late than never.

It was a very good first half performance, with two great goals from Bellamy and the third one was simply a gem that we know Liverpool can produce. We really needed Bellamy’s speed to get behind the defenders. For sure, we were lucky on a few occasions and Reiner saved our skins at least twice, but, we more than deserved the victory !!! We could have scored more if not for some dubious offside calls and that we took our foot off the pedal in the 2nd half.

Have we turned the corner? For sure, a swallow does not a summer maketh. But, we have good reasons to rejoice in this marvelous victory. I think the team was more relieved than overjoyed by the win, as obvious from their goal celebrations – a lot more muted than before. It was certainly a heavy weight off their fast-increasing drooping shoulders. Certainly, we will have more corners and roadblocks in our road ahead. But we will conquer them one by one. It is early days yet, but, we will come good eventually. Already, the pretenders like Portsmouth and Aston Villa are going South, where they should be in the first place.

Is this our best 11? I believe Benitez will continue to tinker and try to improve. I think he can do something to convert one of his defenders to be a good holding midfielder to cover for Sisoko in case of emergency. Palleta and Agger did very well last night.

Let’s hope we keep up the momentum and push on for our rightful place among the top 4.

REDs all the way !!!

Cheers