Old 11-11-2018, 04:35 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 20 / Power: 0
Milkbread deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy
Re: Batam Info / Interest / Help Thread

Quick hotel FR on my 2D1N stay at Aston Batam Hotel.

I booked a Premier room via the hotel website, cheapest that I could find online at 901k. Only chose that as it was a big room with balcony, total space 40sqm.

Disappointed with quite a number of things. Firstly, couldn't get early check in. I had my driver help call the hotel. So no early check in, fine. I went for a movie with my lady and went back to check in at 3pm. Arrived at lobby, went through the paperwork and stuff, then front desk lady told me still have to wait for housekeeping to confirm the room is ready. Poor efficiency I feel, considering check in time is at 2pm and there was no late check out available unless pay 50% room rate or more, depending on how late you check out after 12pm.

Finally got room at 3.30pm. Went up to the apartment side of the hotel, slightly further away compared to the hotel side. Quite disappointed that all their apartment side rooms are non smoking. 2juta fine if caught stated clearly on check in paperwork. Lucky there was a balcony.

Room aircon wasn't very cold, its those single blower unit in room, and when I looked outside the room corridor, turns out it's those split unit types.

Checked the lights, toilet flush etc, felt that the flush wasn't very strong. Proceed to take shower. Note that there is only shower head and rain shower head, no bath tub. Hot water was very good. Halfway through showering I looked out the shower glass door, was it the reflection of all the soap bubbles outside? Ignored it and finished up my shower.

Opened the glass door to get my towel, and a wtf moment hit me. Why is the main toilet floor flooded? Really poor design on the waste water flow. The flooring is sloped away from the shower drainage and towards the main toilet floor which had no additional drainage! Omg! So I had to use my foot to sweep all the water from the main toilet floor back to the shower stall. During that process, I also noted that there wasn't a rubber seal at the bottom of the shower stall door. All the water was flowing out to the main toilet floor from under the shower stall glass door. Sigh..

I'm really disappointed with such a new 4 star hotel and would urge fellow samsters not to book their Premier room, in the event that you still insist on staying at Aston Batam.

Side note: it was fully booked this weekend. Hope their normal room were better, but no balcony.