Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 172 / Power: 21
qbdp is a Helpful and Caring Samsterqbdp is a Helpful and Caring Samster
Re: Manchester United's Headliners, Articles and Rumours

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castrol View Post
it takes an amount of luck for any team to go all the way and win the king-of-europe title. and san siro is san siro. sometimes i think the semi-finals should be played on neutral ground. just a 1 match decider like the final.
Yes, agreed that luck plays its part in football - injuries & refs' decisions. Penalty shootouts too.

No complaints losing to Milan. Really. Except for that Rooney decision, losing 2-1 is better than 3-0 lor. haha. Getting to the semis was further than I'd expected from my team and I enjoyed the journey while it lasted. Now it's time to fight for the EPL crown and be Champions of England. Throwing in the FA Cup for a 4th Double will be nice.

The current format is alright as both teams get to play at home & away. But I'm not sure about the away-goal and penalty shootouts. I would say bring back replays.

Liverpool knocked Barca out on away goals although both teams each won a game. Which team is better?

Chelsea lost to Liverpool in a penalty shootout and I thought Liverpool were satisfied sitting with 1-0. Liverpool knew that if Chelsea were to score a goal then they had to score another 2 goals (which is a big ask) to advance.

Milan deserve to be at Athens and no one can deny their place. It will be gross injustice if they are not crowned Champions of Europe and a team's place in Athens being questioned wins it with another penalty shootout.