View Single Post
Old 14-08-2021, 12:54 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 63 / Power: 6
ShannonU2000 deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy
Re: KTVs and Geylang nightlife to reopen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin23 View Post
Location tracking of all Singapore residents is an unavoidable eventuality. Even if you somehow manage to use someone else's TT token, the 200K police cameras that will be installed over the next few years can identify you, if they want to. All the Government needs next, is to increase penalties for people who do such things and implement some kind of cross-check between facial recognition ID/timestamp vs your TT token scan in. It will be well and truly Game Over, for those idiots who try and be too clever....

I haven't got positive confirmation on this next piece of info, but it looks like Singapore will follow China's lead in using advanced facial recognition technology. All that is required then is a software upgrade in the 200K cameras mentioned above. Some of these are already being trialed, and have seen some success - if you have been reading the news you will see some crimes being solved in record time due to the use of traffic monitoring cameras in busy areas like Geylang.

For those bros who know what I am talking about - they can probably confirm that in China when you flout a traffic rule (e.g. speeding, running a red light), the summons goes straight to the registered address of THE DRIVER and not to the owner of the vehicle.

Not the best news, I know. I always prefer the painful truth to a beautiful lie.
If wear mask with baseball cap, is it easy to recognized by those cameras?