View Single Post
Old 11-07-2022, 09:38 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 192 / Power: 3
TurtleStreets is a Helpful and Caring SamsterTurtleStreets is a Helpful and Caring Samster
Re: Seeking Life Advice ..Ramblings of sorts

@kakasika

Wah, tnx for taking the time to reply.

Quote:
different people different definition. for me not yet encounter

marriage is regardless of country or nationality. important is 2 people bringing out the best and genuinely happy together
I mean..the main reason people ought to marry is because they think they have found a suitable partner to pair bond with.

But with divorce rates rising, the sanctity of marriage has been whittled down to like something you'd write in a CV. "5 years experience in marriage. Ended due to irreconcilable differences or financial diffculties"

Quote:
laugh it off, say good for them that they are married, no need to show what is good or bd about your own life
I actually like this advice now that I think about it. It doesn't sound as defensive. Also makes them feel good about themselves. I will try this.

Quote:
careful ? well definitely need to becareful about girls who just want the financial stuff
To be fair, it is a lot easier now since woman have same or even higher socioeconomic standing as men. Hard to find someone that truly cares-especially in this day and age since we have consumerism jammed down our throats. I literally get bombarded by advertisements the moment I step into MRT station or ride in the expressway

So far so good. 80% of dates, the lady offers to 'going dutch' on first and subsequent dates. Local women have slightly more 'refined' tastes tho.

As for foreign girls, Ive read from other samsters that you marry one-you marry the whole village.

Quote:
dont need to double life, but do everything in moderation and plan for future for yourself, the right girl will come when you are a focused man
You really think so? That sounds very reassuring to hear.
I chiong to fill a need. After I've satiated that need, I go back to being productive.

I do tend to tunnel vision when I have a specific goal in life. Whether it be the next career progression or educational attainment. Well, hopefully there is an equally weird yet sane person out there for me.Lmao

Quote:
maybe made me more skeptical of foreign women who work in the night scence. but not more careful, not 100% discriminate as i have friends happily married to these foreign ladies
Im glad your friends managed to overcome cultural differences. The way I see it, a long-term relationship/commitment only works out if one party gives up their way of life. I seldom see people who are in okayish marriages that have varying ways of life. Maybe it's the Asian culture