View Single Post
Old 11-07-2022, 11:22 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 674 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 671 / Power: 3
Peacekeeping is a splendid one to beholdPeacekeeping is a splendid one to beholdPeacekeeping is a splendid one to beholdPeacekeeping is a splendid one to beholdPeacekeeping is a splendid one to beholdPeacekeeping is a splendid one to behold
Re: Seeking Life Advice ..Ramblings of sorts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleStreets View Post
Fair enough.

For now, my definition of "Love" is a conscious decision to put 'person of interest's needs as a higher priority than others.

Is it still worth marrying? I honestly don't know. I am frankly terrified with how skewed laws are here. You can do your very best as a man and still might get divorce raped. Funnily enough, the blame will still be put on you for 'not choosing the right partner'.

I think that anyone who chooses to marry (even after attending marriage counselling courses ) do not wish their marriage to fall apart since they invested in preparation. But then again, we can only control our emotions and actions/reactions. What our partner does is beyond our control.

Local vs Foreigner? This a loaded question and I am bound to get flak.
I ask this question a lot IRL with acquaintances, friends and people I meet.

So far, I can summarise what they say as such:
>From religious friends, Doesn't matter-common faith more important. Religion provides Good foundation for values in children.
>Friends who are mid late 20s to mid 30s, Dont marry local. They are very materialistic. But marry foreigner, must churn out kid for partner to become PR.
>40s to 60s, Don't marry.
>My mom, Dont marry unless you want to have kids
>My colleagues, Marriage is important as it is part of a human's life cycle
( I should highlight that the sector I work in is heavily female-centric. Ratio of females to males at work is 6:1)
> Millenials and coomers, the environment and economic climate is so SHIT. Marry and have kids for what?!

How do you deal with nosy people asking why are you still single at my age. 'I just tell them that I work 5.5 days a week. I gym alternate days and I volunteer on weekends. Do you think I got time to find someone?'

Is there anything that I should be careful with now I am approaching my 30s in relationships? Not in 30s yet, that's why I am asking. I am willing to listen to whatever wisdom (however distorted) is shared. lmao

>How to not get jaded by two-faced people either at work/professional setting? To be honest, I am very jaded. I just treat my work place like how I treat my gym sessions: Go in , do my sets properly, ask nicely and share machine if asked, mind my own business , shower then go home.

>How do you (some of you feel) living a double-life with chionging and having a clean image in the day?
FEAR. However, to be honest, I really shouldnt be giving a fuck about what other people think. I take care of my parents. I don't break the law. I am not harming anyone (voluntarily) and I pay my taxes. I can do whatever I want! Like dessert before a meal!

But alas, we live in a society... thank you for reading
Let me summarise that without a woman in life, we are definitely missing something and not complete. But to marry a woman you can’t trust or don’t love is even worse than being single. So, have a realistic idea of what kind of woman you want as wife, looks, character etc. If have, good. If don’t have then also try to live a good life. If someone ask you why still single then just say can’t find the right match loh. When you are in your 30s and still single, people more or less know you are going to these places lah. But it’s not a crime and you are not obliged to share your private life with other people. On the streets you will see some guys settle with fat and cui gals as their gf. If I’m them I would rather enjoy my freedom and cheong to the max.