View Single Post
Old 14-07-2007, 01:05 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 2995 / Power: 18
tomvoyeur has a reputation beyond reputetomvoyeur has a reputation beyond reputetomvoyeur has a reputation beyond reputetomvoyeur has a reputation beyond reputetomvoyeur has a reputation beyond reputetomvoyeur has a reputation beyond reputetomvoyeur has a reputation beyond reputetomvoyeur has a reputation beyond reputetomvoyeur has a reputation beyond reputetomvoyeur has a reputation beyond reputetomvoyeur has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down Re: Toffee Chatroom - Everton FC

Moyes angry over big spenders

Moyes sealed a £4million move for Phil Jagielka from Sheffield United last week and is keen to add more players to his squad, but admits he is struggling to compete with some of the top flight's big spenders.

The likes of Manchester United, Tottenham, Liverpool, Fulham and West Ham have splashed millions of pounds on new players this summer and Moyes fears inflated prices could have negative consequences for the game.

He told Everton's official website: "I think there has been some irresponsible buying and spending by some clubs and it makes it a bit more difficult if you've got less money to spend than that."

He added: "We'd like to add to the squad and I know the supporters are desperate to see new faces coming in, no more so than me, but things out there in the market are tight.

"But we are certainly doing everything we can to strengthen the squad and give ourselves a chance. We've done it that way for the past few years and we'll continue to do so.

"I've been a supporter, in fact I still am a supporter, but we're always quite cagey here and we don't give too much away partly because people know that we don't have the funds to compete at the top end."

(This is as good as admitting defeat!! )