View Single Post
Old 18-07-2022, 02:20 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 156 / Power: 3
tankerkit is a Helpful and Caring Samstertankerkit is a Helpful and Caring Samster
Re: Seeking general life advice. (Education/relationship/future)

Very hard to type a long essay to reply. Here is my advice, from my own life experience.

1. Stop comparing with peers. I also behind peers. My peers now all succcessful happy family. I here divorced and clearing debts hitting 40 with nothing but debts to my name. I strongly believe there are many "successful" but troubled souls that are not genuinely happy with their lives they just on surface do it to survive, pay for hdb la look good infront of relatives and peers to show off la etc

2. Move around jobs , hobbies, meeting people. These life exposure moving around will let you have a good chance to find what you want to do. Still young, this is the age where you do not really bother about high pay but rather gain experience and mature yourself.

3. Mix around positive people. Courage up and meet new people if the ones around you are not positive. They will indirectly help you with their positive aura. This helps your negative atmosphere that is one of the factors of your depression.

4. Put 100% regardless of success or failure. A subconscious part of blaming yourself, you know you did not put 100% for example not going to class then fail. So you expected the result and you know it's because you did not work for it so you blame yourself. I do not fault about this as it is in a depression stage. If you did 100% and failed you know u did 100% and can accept the result. and u improve self esteem which will improve your current state of mind.