View Single Post
Old 02-05-2024, 09:21 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 811 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 2622 / Power: 9
afterburn has a reputation beyond reputeafterburn has a reputation beyond reputeafterburn has a reputation beyond reputeafterburn has a reputation beyond reputeafterburn has a reputation beyond reputeafterburn has a reputation beyond reputeafterburn has a reputation beyond reputeafterburn has a reputation beyond reputeafterburn has a reputation beyond reputeafterburn has a reputation beyond reputeafterburn has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Tougher competion on the road

Quote:
Originally Posted by KangTuo View Post
I am always thinking when the bubble will burst.
Cat1 spa is still regulated by police so there are not many.

Cat3 aka TCM licenses are much more easily obtained from MOH and with only a one-off notification to police. TCM and beauty shop are popping up everywhere every other day
The tcm needs to have a doctor though. I know some of them operate with toa peh gong kind of doctor, only come into the shop to spend some time in name only.

Then again, some shops which do provide real tcm or tuina services with an actual doctor, have also gone into this profitable side business of providing 'relaxing' massages

Anyway if the bubble burst, it's just the MLs that will lose out, cannot get the envisaged earnings and will likely choose to go home. The bosses of the shop will hardly ever lose money in this kind of venture, whereby they profit not just from sales but from exploitation of their workers. The MLs bear the costs of their permits, middle men arrangement etc. , or have to pay back the shop boss.

And that's why shops will keep opening closing opening ad infinitum. They have unending supply of foreign MLs coming here to try their luck.

Last edited by afterburn; 02-05-2024 at 09:36 PM.