View Single Post
Old 06-01-2008, 04:22 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1587 / Power: 21
vmtech has a brilliant futurevmtech has a brilliant futurevmtech has a brilliant futurevmtech has a brilliant futurevmtech has a brilliant futurevmtech has a brilliant futurevmtech has a brilliant futurevmtech has a brilliant futurevmtech has a brilliant futurevmtech has a brilliant futurevmtech has a brilliant future
Re: Visa runs in Thailand still possible ?

the indian lady (shima) is correct, the rule in thailand now is u can stay 90days of visa-exempted stamps out of 180 days in a year.

visa-exempted stamps refer to the stamps u have when u go over to thailand without a tourist visa, which is also the 1s u have when u do ur border runs.

so what happens if u are already up to ur 90th day (3rd run) but u still want to stay in thailand? simple, leave thailand and visit a consulate to get a TOURIST visa. that will allow u to stay in thailand because Tourist visa doesnt count into the 90days in 180day rule.

and a good way to stay more den 6 months is to get a tourist visa 1st, after your 60+30, go for 3 visa runs, and den leave thailand to singapore for a week (to cover up for those overlapping days) by the time u come back singapore, it would have been more den 90days since ur last visa run, so add your 1st 60+30 and your 90days, that would have been 180days, end of cycle 1. proceed to get ur tourist visa and go back in.

it's also possible that the emb will refuse u the tourist visa back to back but that is why i go for touristvisa den 3 visa runs, instead of tourist visa after tourist visa. and normally they will issue backtoback without any problems for 3 times, before they start to suspect. but it's not permanent, just head to penang if singapore dont allow, and by the time penang stop issuing u, head back to singapore lor.

it's rather confusing in words but i hope u get wad i mean?

and dont take those farang's posts in other forums too seriously, as they have problems getting tourist visas, forcing them to go back. they wouldnt have problems at all in the thai embassy of thier HOME country. but why they go penang, singapore, etc because it's nearer and cheaper from thailand.

but for us sinaporeans, this is our HOME country, almost no problems in getting back to back visas up to 3 times.

ANOTHER WAY: is to get a ED visa, costs u around 30kthb a year, and it gives u a whole 1 yr to to stay in thailand.

just enroll in a thai language school and let the school take care of it, that's what my burmese girl is doing now in bangkok.