View Single Post
Old 06-01-2008, 08:22 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 376 / Power: 22
Peter_North is a living Saint! - you won't find betterPeter_North is a living Saint! - you won't find betterPeter_North is a living Saint! - you won't find betterPeter_North is a living Saint! - you won't find better
Re: Visa runs in Thailand still possible ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmtech View Post
so what happens if u are already up to ur 90th day (3rd run) but u still want to stay in thailand? simple, leave thailand and visit a consulate to get a TOURIST visa. that will allow u to stay in thailand because Tourist visa doesnt count into the 90days in 180day rule.
This option is OUT for me because I've already apply for a Tourist VISA.

Quote:

and a good way to stay more den 6 months is to get a tourist visa 1st, after your 60+30, go for 3 visa runs, and den leave thailand to singapore for a week (to cover up for those overlapping days) by the time u come back singapore, it would have been more den 90days since ur last visa run, so add your 1st 60+30 and your 90days, that would have been 180days, end of cycle 1. proceed to get ur tourist visa and go back in.
Let us just round up the 3 consecutive VISA runs to 90 days (no overlapping) for the sake of calculation. If for example:

1 Jan 2008 - 31 Mar 2008 (Tourist VISA obtained from Embassy)
1 Apr 2008 - 30 Apr 2008 (1st VISA run)
1 May 2008 - 31 May 2008 (2nd VISA run)
1 Jun 2008 - 30 Jun 2008 (3rd VISA run)

I have completed 90 days using Tourist VISA and 90 days VISA runs, and when I seek to apply a 2nd Tourist VISA from the Embassy, will my 2nd Tourist VISA be considered a Back 2 Back VISA ?

My worry is this: The Embassy will check my passport and she sees that I have been in Thailand for the past 6 months, out of which 90 days were accumulated via VISA runs. The Embassy clearly told me I needed to be out of Thailand for 2 months before they will consider a 2nd Tourist VISA ?

Quote:
it's rather confusing in words but i hope u get wad i mean?
Indeed. Especially the part of staying one week in Singapore for covering the "overlapping" days. What is the purpose of covering the overlapping days ? My 3 VISA runs may chalk up about, say 83 days. When I go to the Embassy for my 2nd Tourist VISA, what difference does that additional 7 days make ?

(1) The Embassy is either going to look at whether I have been OUTSIDE Thailand for 60 days, in which case the 7 days will not be enough; OR

(2) If the Embassy is going to count the period I had been INSIDE Thailand for using VISA runs backdating 6 months, they will notice that I chalked up 83 days ? They will give me another 7 days to stay in Thailand

In the case of (2), if I apply for a 2nd Tourist VISA on 1 Jul 2008 (based on the above example), the Embassy look back 6 months and see that I have used up the max of 90 days VISA runs, so I don't get a 2nd Tourist VISA. If I apply on 1 Aug 2008, same thing; 1 Sep 2008, same thing. Only when it hits 1 October 2008, I get 30 days; 1 November I get 60 days.

Please correct me if I'm wrong