View Single Post
Old 08-05-2008, 08:47 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 671 / Power: 20
Ah_Hia is a splendid one to beholdAh_Hia is a splendid one to beholdAh_Hia is a splendid one to beholdAh_Hia is a splendid one to beholdAh_Hia is a splendid one to beholdAh_Hia is a splendid one to behold
Re: Angeles City (Balibago) Tips

Generally u are right on the mark.
But I just wanna update u on certain aspects of ur guide.

Quote:
It was just a big hassle getting a taxi outside.
Never a problem. There a few taxi counters right after customs check.
Avis, Triangle, Samson are the 3 I can remember right now.
A taxi ride to Fields Ave or Perimeter should cost u 200p. Always agree on the price at the counter and once again after u board the taxi. But be prepared to be asked for a tip by ur driver. Decline politely and never raise ur voice as it is deemed highly disrespectful to Filipinos.

Quote:
Ponderosa hotel has a pretty european client base. Considering their location which is a good 15 min walk away i guess their rates are not cheap either and their hotels are crap.
Ponderosa rates start from 870p a night for the standard room and they have a free hourly jeepney service to Fields Ave and return. Rooms are sparce and just adequate for the nights stay.

Quote:
Of course there are slightly expensive hotels like Wild Orchid/ Brass Knob/Heritage and the likes.
I agree with Wild Orchid but Brass Knob is not really that expensive as the room rates start from 1000p onwards.

Quote:
Now the interesting part. The Bars open at 2 pm and some dun close until 5 am. Some open as early as 11am.
Some are 24hours !!! Woo hoo !!!

Quote:
The Barfines are generally in the range of Peso 1200 in most bars and this includes everything.
Bf starts from 1000p onwards up to 1350p for LT.
Special dancers or Spotlight Dancers(Dollhouse) start from 3000p onwards.

Quote:
Honey Pot is a pretty interesting place. The manager is Damian. ONce he is drunk he will go out of his way to make you feel comfortable. There are a lot of old men who visit this joint. And Damian does pretty interesting things to keep these old men coming back
I think u got the names mixed up.
On the last count, Damian was still the manager at Honeykos.
Nice and friendly chap.

A point to take note.
Newbies have to play smart and understand the mentality of Filipinos.
It's a whole new ball game compared to LOS scene.
More drama and bola bola(localized for bullshitting).

Enjoy urself.