Thread: Vietnam - HCM
View Single Post
Old 15-12-2004, 06:34 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 338 / Power: 21
tokkon1 is one of the Best!tokkon1 is one of the Best!tokkon1 is one of the Best!tokkon1 is one of the Best!
Re: Vietnam - HCM

Quote:
Originally Posted by naemlo
It's wise to change a few dollars of Dong to take a cab. U won't want to pay taxi driver USD, u 'lugi' more than the exchange rates. As I travel a lot, I always change some local currency in the airport, for taxi n minor expenses. Imagine changing SGD50, how much different is it to change with a exchange outside airport. Unless u r changing large amount then go outside airport. Using USD is easier when going disco or any entertaining places. Normally I will spend abt USD100 on drinks n tit bits, I won't want to carry 1500000D in my wallet, Most of the time, entertaining clients, the bill will be more than 200USD, I don't use my card in HCMC, thus USD comes in handy rather than 3000000D.

Those bros have not been to HCMC, should pay a visit to it. It is less developed but the entertainment there is much more expensive than other country.

Will be going to HCMC on the 3/1/05. Last time there stayed at Sheraton Hotel in District 1. Brought KTV girl back at US$100 and KNN had to register another room for her as hotel mgmt cannot allow girl to go to my room.

Total damage almost US$200 and worst part the girl gives lousy service. After receiving a phone call in the early morning hrs. claimed brother in motor accident and must rushed back.

This time going with some lau jiao friends so hopefully can contribute some good FRs when back.