View Single Post
Old 14-02-2005, 05:56 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 390 / Power: 0
blue_swatch is a living Saint! - you won't find betterblue_swatch is a living Saint! - you won't find betterblue_swatch is a living Saint! - you won't find betterblue_swatch is a living Saint! - you won't find better
Re: Any advise on Phuket? Patong Beach?

Back from Phuket this afternoon.

1st of all, Phuket (patong Beach) is very much alive and kicking. Only the front row of shops that are facing Patong beach are badly damaged, probably 70% of them are still under renovation.

Pubs and discos along Bangla road are all back to business. On walking there at nite, many bar girls are back sitting with caucasions and drinking with them, although most of them are not to my liking, either face kanna langa by car or too old Hahaha. Taipan is pretty quiet as well. And just last nite, they staged a jazz performance and japanese drums on bangla street to get the people back to Phuket.

Next, massage palours. Christins is Closed!!! No idea when will it open, a big big disappointment for me. The rest of the massage shops are offering their services for 1hr thai massage 200bth, oil 300bth. While talking to the masseur, she said business is very very bad now. She have only like 2 customers each day only and earn half of what i paid. She did offer a handjob during the massage for 500bth, i manage to bring it down to 200bth. Other than that not much action. Also face also cmi. But the massages at Phuket Town are still functioning, but i did not have a chance to go down since im constrained.

Lets's relax massage palour seems more upmarket and prices starts at 500bth and up. I did not try it since its more expensive.

Deevana Resort, the one im staying is only at 900bth per nite. For this price, its definitely value for money since tghats the price of budget hotels in this area. Rooms are pretty clean and the whole resort is pretty spacious. Only downside is its a 10 to max 15mins walk to bangla road if u dun mind walking.

So thats it, a short report on Patong beach. Overall, I would say if u can get a cheap air ticket there like on tigerair, its worth a visit, if not, then there is nothing much to do if u didnt go on those island tours which i did. I visited the James Bond island which is pretty nice, Simon Cabaret show which is pretty good as well and the Island Safari is a BIG NO NO! Money can be spend elsewhere better.

Cheers!