View Single Post
Old 18-09-2013, 07:27 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 188 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1133 / Power: 11
Shrouded has much to be proud ofShrouded has much to be proud ofShrouded has much to be proud ofShrouded has much to be proud ofShrouded has much to be proud ofShrouded has much to be proud ofShrouded has much to be proud ofShrouded has much to be proud ofShrouded has much to be proud of
Re: An Affair with an older married lady... and the aftermath...

It certainly feels like I've opened up a huge can on worms....

We reached the place rather quickly and while I assumed that the tiny car park was full, all Ann did was to drive in and within minutes, she had a parking space.

We entered through the main doors. It was a rustic kind of place. Being Friday, it was packed to the rafters. I didn't hear Ann ask the waiter/greeter at the door about reservations, but unsurprisingly, we were ushered to seats on the outside within a reasonable waiting time. I guess she was here enough regularly to get such privileges.

The menu didn't really entice me as much as it should have so I settled for a prawn aglio olio while Ann had some kind of steak, along with luncheon meat fries.

"Do you drink wine?"

"Nope."

"Oh, I was gonna get a bottle..."

I drank what I saw was probably the safest drink on the menu, a drink that would allow me to drive her back just in case she drank too much again. Yeah, I settled for ice water.

I could tell Ann was rolling her eyes at me but I just didn't feel like drinking that night. Maybe I would have a whiskey later. But first I had to line my stomach.

It was amusing that the main dishes arrived ahead of what I felt was the starter which was the luncheon meat fries. But I ate anyway. The price of the food here was slightly beyond my budget so I suppose I should just shut up and eat.

This time Ann didn't really talk much so I had to start the conversation.

"New car?"

"Not exactly."

"Second hand car?"

"Not exactly either."

I wanted to give up. She had been pretty chatty the previous time, talking about her job, the stress and asking me about myself.

It really should have struck me as odd that she never talked about herself at all.

After dinner I decided to get that whiskey and I downed it slowly while Ann was already onto her fifth or sixth glass of wine. She liked reds. And the half eaten chocolate cake she had for dessert was sitting there tempting me.

The silence was getting so awkward. I could even hear the mosquitoes buzzing around me.

Ann finally said something after a long silence.

"So, what are you looking for?"

"Huh?"

"When you spoke to me at the pub, and offered to send me home. You must have wanted something in return."

I was thinking if I should be honest or just be a nice guy.

"I was looking for a one night stand."

I think Ann was a little shocked as she held her glass of wine in mid air for a short while. But st the same time, I could see a small smile forming at the corner of her mouth. While I wasn't a face reader, that probably meant she was interested as well.