View Single Post
Old 05-05-2022, 10:58 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 106 / Power: 5
messiisblackcat deserves two Tigers! - He's a Great Guymessiisblackcat deserves two Tigers! - He's a Great Guy
Re: Singles talk heart chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellwolf1 View Post
Thanks Sam and Peacekeeping for the advice.

Yes, logically. Staying at the current job would definitely be the most ideal. Further with the recession is coming. Job search will be even more bleak.

I am considering why lower pay is that I feel i dont need that much to survive, I have kind of 看破 in life that I probably wont be getting married or even attached as the living expenses as you guys know is getting tougher each day.

My current job earns 4k/month, understand comparing to grab there are lot more of pros than con as office job has AWS, PB, CPF and on leave or MC, you are still getting paid.

whereas Grab is something physical, when you stop, the pay stop as well and it is subject to the weather and etc. Physically not sustainable too in the long run.

I have calculated in general i will need about 2.5k/month to survive + some saving for rainy days.

Option 1
tender immediately, serve the notice of 1 month then join grab walker + rest 1-2 month before do a job search

Option 2
work a few months and try out if cannot then join grab walker + rest 1-2 month before do a job search

Option 3
work until secured AWS and then tender

my thought for option 3 is that if can work till then December means I probably can continue to work.
Depending on your age, mid career switch is difficult. And doing grab is definitely not an easy job
good luck bro