View Single Post
Old 22-10-2022, 10:27 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 132 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1463 / Power: 15
larue has much to be proud oflarue has much to be proud oflarue has much to be proud oflarue has much to be proud oflarue has much to be proud oflarue has much to be proud oflarue has much to be proud oflarue has much to be proud oflarue has much to be proud oflarue has much to be proud of
Re: Trying to get over an ML

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgjoey View Post
Why are some people extraordinarily rich while many are extraordinarily poor? This is one infamously naive explanation by a Singapore ex-minister - "I work hard, I earn more, my medisave is bigger. You’re lazy, you work less, your medisave is small." Work hard or work smart or both, the probable truth is much more complicated than it appears.

It has everything to do with.... luck. Being born with the right genes, to the right family, at the right time.... and a million other details.
You make good points, minister aside though, there probably aren’t many extraordinarily successful self-made individuals who will deny the role that luck, or serendipity played in their success.

For most people in the world however, the attainment of any decent success depends far more on application than it is of luck.

Shooting for the stars of course requires far more luck.

Trite but also true, luck is often what happens when preparation meets opportunity.

It is however far easier to bemoan one’s lot in life.

Last edited by larue; 22-10-2022 at 10:28 AM. Reason: Added content