View Single Post
Old 19-06-2022, 08:46 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 181 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 297 / Power: 16
benjm85 is one of the Best!benjm85 is one of the Best!benjm85 is one of the Best!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin23 View Post
I was in a similar situation, I have been in the same company for the last 15 years and a few years ago when things were looking really promising, I was the right-hand man for a very senior manager.

My boss lost a political battle and took early retirement, and I had to report to a new and vindictive ex-boss who hated my guts and put me through 3 years of (work) performance hell - round after round of Performance Improvement Plan programmes (PIPs), which I thankfully passed.

I decided to stick it out, if the company no longer wants me they better pay me a retrenchment package and not push me into throwing a resignation letter. It was tough, but in the end I came out with a new role and a promotion (albeit in a different department, less prestigious but I am happier).

I do wonder sometimes, if I may have done even better if I left and tried my luck elsewhere but you know what they always say about the grass always looking greener on the other side. For me, it is always better to choose the devil you know, rather than the devil you don't.

YMMV - Everyone's circumstances are unique but the one thing that I always believe:

Never reply when you’re angry.
Never make a promise when you’re happy.
Never make a decision when you’re sad

All the best.
Thanks for your inputs bro. The last sentence “Never make a decision when you are sad” is very true.