View Single Post
Old 20-06-2022, 09:10 AM
Samster (Donor)

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 422 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 4030 / Power: 17
Penguin23 has a reputation beyond reputePenguin23 has a reputation beyond reputePenguin23 has a reputation beyond reputePenguin23 has a reputation beyond reputePenguin23 has a reputation beyond reputePenguin23 has a reputation beyond reputePenguin23 has a reputation beyond reputePenguin23 has a reputation beyond reputePenguin23 has a reputation beyond reputePenguin23 has a reputation beyond reputePenguin23 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacekeeping View Post
Bro penguin, does intangible contribution like general housekeeping qualify the ex wife to get half of the house?
I asked the same question. Generally non financial contributions are considered in cases where the wife does not work, then the court will impute a contribution amount. But it won't be half your assets, the most important thing is still being able to prove, using financial records how much of the overall expenses each party contributes and what type of lifestyle your family has been accustomed to. Obviously who has care and control of the children, is the biggest factor that will swing the asset and monthly alimony split. In my case, my ex wife wanted out and she did not want the children so all she got back was her share of the house according to the exact proportion that she has contributed through her CPF and her loan payment contribution. Her non tangible contributions like housework and bearing children had zero bearing on the asset split.