View Single Post
Old 16-11-2023, 10:45 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1599 / Power: 15
HonkyTonkyMan has a brilliant futureHonkyTonkyMan has a brilliant futureHonkyTonkyMan has a brilliant futureHonkyTonkyMan has a brilliant futureHonkyTonkyMan has a brilliant futureHonkyTonkyMan has a brilliant futureHonkyTonkyMan has a brilliant futureHonkyTonkyMan has a brilliant futureHonkyTonkyMan has a brilliant futureHonkyTonkyMan has a brilliant futureHonkyTonkyMan has a brilliant future
Re: Getting a Divorce

Quote:
Originally Posted by obeyyodude View Post
How long does the actual process of getting a divorce take even if both parties agree? I was chatting with a friend the other day, and he said the government requires couples to wait 3 years before finalizing the divorce, I always thought it's a quick job if both parties are agreeable and there are no kids involved.
cos there are no grounds for divorce except separation...ie adultery, unreasonable behavior, desertion etc. So can only go on separation which is minimum 3 years..if they want divorce to be processed immediately, provided they have been married more then 3 years, they can back date letter of separation past 3 years then submit to court to show they have been separated all these while..