View Single Post
Old 09-05-2022, 08:54 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 620 / Power: 11
DoctorTan is a name known to allDoctorTan is a name known to allDoctorTan is a name known to allDoctorTan is a name known to allDoctorTan is a name known to allDoctorTan is a name known to all
Re: All you need to know about STD

OK. This answer will be a little lengthy so please bear with me.

First let me tell you how these questions are answered. There are basically 2 ways:

1. Deductive - trying to figure out the answer from our knowledge of anatomy of physiology. For example - HIV virus is found in blood. If blood makes contact with an open wound, the HIV virus from the blood will enter the bloodstream and infect the person. Now, personally I do not use this method simply because there are too many variables that we do not understand. For example what was the viral load? How deep was the wound? How long was the contact? Do any of these actually make a difference. What I prefer using is:

2. Real World Data - So what Doctors like to do is to share our experiences by publishing data in peer reviewed journals. Over time, enough data is collected for us to make logical statements like: HIV cannot be transmitted via oral sex. Simply because there has never been a proven case of transmission of HIV via oral sex in the past 40 years.

So now to your case. You are not at risk of HIV. You can read more on the data that I draw on to make this statement here:
https://drtanmenshealthblog.com/2021.../hiv-oral-sex/

As for the other STDs - I do not know. Simple because I am not aware of any data on this. So the advise from Doctors is always - go get tested.

This last statement is not based on any medical knowledge or data but only my personal opinion: If such an event has caused you to worry so much, I think this is really not for you.