View Single Post
Old 12-01-2013, 12:02 AM
Samster (M)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: -18 / Power: 0
IntelDuoCore is stuck in moderation for some time to come
Re: Bukit I &Nusa B - the new massage haven ?

Aiyo, ahboy1987,

My pay is nothing compared to my relative, car mechanic, own boss, workshop in Selangor, having revenue of MYR 150K per month. Even if minus expenses, eg. workers salary, rental, some car owner bad debts, I believe its still around MYR50K per month. So to me, we professionals are considered small fries compared to skilled workers. Coz very few people want to work this line, making this industry as a demand higher than supply market.

As for jobs as sales exec or sales manager, do you think they can sell? Maybe yes maybe no. It's just that when a prosepective employer asks you first criteria, "Do you have Car?", and if you own one, you get the first priority. Full stop. Even if you have qualification in double degree or triple masters or quad phd, they will chunk it off as long as you have your own vehicle.

With the bloody COE at 90K this quarter (Below 1600cc), I foresee in 5 years to come, all sales person in Singapore have to kau beh kau bu. All just take taxi. In most cases, employers are not willing to reimburse the full amount. I have been to Temasek companies and even China-men ah pek companies, they will cap you at SGD 550 taxi allowance per month. If your customers one in Jurong one in Changi, you lan lan also have to travel. Take bus / mrt as an alternative? You try it and tell me how convenient.

However, is it worth the buy? Despends on your perspective. I see COE as an investment scheme. Buying at SGD90K now, but do expect the COE to balloon over SGD250K per COE. Mark my words. If this does not happen in 5 years time, I chop my hair and hang on Singapore car plate.