Thread: Euro 2012
View Single Post
Old 25-12-2010, 09:39 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1222 / Power: 20
joew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud of
Re: Euro 2012

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...857184?cc=4716

Mourinho feels he deserves Ballon d'Or

Jose Mourinho believes he should be named coach of the year @ the FIFA Ballon d'Or awards.

Vicente Del Bosque appears 2 be ahead of Mourinho in the running 4 the award aft he led Spain 2 their 1st World Cup triumph, but the Real Madrid coach - who won Serie A, the Coppa Italia & Champions League with Inter last season - feels his achievements were more substantial.

"I've made my choice - 11 months' work, 57 matches played, 3 titles including the most important of all, the tournament, the Champions League," he told Gazzetta dello Sport. "I hv won everything. I could not do anymore than tat, and nor could the players."

Barcelona coach Pep Guardiola is also nominated for the award, which will be announced @ a ceremony in Zurich on January 10.

Mourinho also raised questions over Wesley Sneijder's controversial omission from the 3-man shortlist 4 player of the year. Barcelona trio Lionel Messi, Xavi Hernandez & Andres Iniesta were selected ahead of Sneijder, who played a key role in Inter's success last season b4 helping Netherlands 2 the WC final.

Mourinho said: "If the winner is Andres Iniesta, who unhappily was not able 2 play 4 the first 5 months of the year becos of injury, but aft tat played 6 matches & scored a goal in South Africa, then anything k happen in the year of a WC final & the rest counts 4 nothing."

Madrid president Florentino Perez, in his festive message to the club's supporters, backed Mourinho as the finest coach in football.

"May the dreams of all Madridistas come true," he said on the club's official website. "This will happen by winning titles.

"We hv a young, talented team hungry 4 titles, & we also hv the best coach in the world. We've laid the foundations for 2011 2 bring us all the satisfactions we dream of."