View Single Post
Old 08-06-2022, 07:58 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 620 / Power: 11
DoctorTan is a name known to allDoctorTan is a name known to allDoctorTan is a name known to allDoctorTan is a name known to allDoctorTan is a name known to allDoctorTan is a name known to all
Re: Need Advise on How to Loosen Foreskin

If the tightness is not too severe you can try applying steroid creams with regular stretching. You should see a significant difference after 1 month. if you do not, there is very little point in persisting with this treatment.

If you want to loosen but keep your foreskin there is a surgical procedure called a preputioplasty. What I do is make a unique incision on the foreskin, break up the tight tissue under the skin then stitch it back up in a way such that the opening is much wider.

There is also another procedure known as a limited circumcision. In this procedure I do not remove the whole foreskin but only the tight ring.

I am assuming you have a physiologic phimosis. If your phimosis (tight foreskin) is due to something else (like a fungal infection) then the above 2 procedures may not be right for you.

That said, I agree with many responses here that a full circumcision has many medical benefits (like a reduced risk of infections) and also most people report better sexual performance after a circumcision.

You should not be too worried about the healing process. Most of my patients heal between 2 to 3 weeks and during this time they are perfectly comfortable.

In fact, many people are more troubled by the sensitivity of the newly exposed head rather than pain from the surgical wound.