View Single Post
Old 22-02-2023, 12:23 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 312 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1006 / Power: 13
Anonyabc has much to be proud ofAnonyabc has much to be proud ofAnonyabc has much to be proud ofAnonyabc has much to be proud ofAnonyabc has much to be proud ofAnonyabc has much to be proud ofAnonyabc has much to be proud ofAnonyabc has much to be proud of
Re: I did not know that side of my sis-in-law...

(a quick update to continue this...)

Fast forward to the day of the wedding. My wife's brother is a very meticulous guy and everything is planned to the tee - all the arrangement from the tables to the restaurant to the traditional wedding plans were executed flawlessly.

My wife and I woke up early this day to travel to my in-laws place to help out as well as to go through the tea ceremony. Things were fine until word came that they were arriving, and suddenly everything just got rushed - preparation of tea, arrangement of tables and chairs, making sure relatives are handled...

...inside me I did feel it was kind of a chore as I do not know these relatives very well - however I did have to present my very best since my performance also gives a shine to my wife, which in turn gives a good impression to the relatives and in-laws. Sometimes managing relationships can be a task, but that's just how it was.

The time came and my brother in law and his wife walked in donning the traditional "kwa" which, to my disappointment, covered up just about every part of her (I know this should not be a moment to think about that but I believe every bro here knows how our brains work). Things ran through the motion, tea was served to the elders then to myself and wife without much fanfare. As things started to settle, I could see Jamie in the other room touching up and stuff. My wife went to prepare a drink for both of them, and the corner of my eye spotted a lack of a straw in any of the drinks prepared. I took the initiative to find a straw, and by the time I could pass to my wife she was already in the room passing the drinks to them.

"Good thing you spotted this" my wife turned to me and smiled as she took the straw and offered to Jamie. In turn, I could see Jamie nodding slightly to me with a smile and appreciation. It was a very brief moment of calm and spark, but due to the occasion I did not process it at all.

The day went generally well and they left my in-laws place. We then took a breather before going into the evening and into the wedding dinner...