View Single Post
Old 28-03-2024, 03:58 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 345 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 2948 / Power: 10
mixmasternrv has a reputation beyond reputemixmasternrv has a reputation beyond reputemixmasternrv has a reputation beyond reputemixmasternrv has a reputation beyond reputemixmasternrv has a reputation beyond reputemixmasternrv has a reputation beyond reputemixmasternrv has a reputation beyond reputemixmasternrv has a reputation beyond reputemixmasternrv has a reputation beyond reputemixmasternrv has a reputation beyond reputemixmasternrv has a reputation beyond repute
Re: RSAF LTC who trespassed into NTU dorm & molested 21yo xmm jailed 4 weeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterMelonTree View Post
no way. how can the gratuity for a mere pilot be in the millions (7 figures)
Without giving too much away MINDEF ensures their key personnel are well taken care of. I know personally that the gratuity for active command pilots is that much .
A senior pilot of the rank of LTC makes over SGD $12,000 in basic salary per month not including other allowances such as flight pay etc. depending on aircraft flown and number of hours flown per month. RSAF pilots are automatically under the Enhanced Officers Scheme, which provides flexible benefits (in the form of credits), lifestyle benefits and more. Consider that the gratuity then is only about 4X their annual salary and this makes sense.

Nothing new....it is done across the SAF. Consider this - The current sign on bonus in the SAF for Diploma grads is $20K! I was shocked when my nephew who signed on as an ME in the RSAF tells me his was the same and Military Experts are also given an EXCEL bonus throughout their careers.

This bonus is pegged to their age.
At 32 years old, a Military Domain Expert receives up to 12 months’ EXCEL bonus (1 year's salary )
At 40 years old, a Military Domain Expert receives eight months’ EXCEL bonus
At 50 years old, a Military Domain Expert receives eight months’ EXCEL bonus
And that is only bonus.

Being in Uniform and in the right vocations pays well these days.