View Single Post
Old 19-11-2022, 12:11 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1197 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 4108 / Power: 22
Xgenre has a reputation beyond reputeXgenre has a reputation beyond reputeXgenre has a reputation beyond reputeXgenre has a reputation beyond reputeXgenre has a reputation beyond reputeXgenre has a reputation beyond reputeXgenre has a reputation beyond reputeXgenre has a reputation beyond reputeXgenre has a reputation beyond reputeXgenre has a reputation beyond reputeXgenre has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Married but longing the life of a Bachelor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZanShen View Post
Feeling a little depressed recently. I am married and with kids but this forum taught me that I could invent many possibilities by being single. I feel that I will be happier and Free to enjoy myself much more if I am single. Does anyone feel the same?
It's a common passing thought. The grass always seemed greener on the other side. The only way for you to become single again is to get a divorce. However, the Woman's Charter will rob you of half your assets. You may not have enough money to buy a new house. You will have to pay your by now ex-wife a monthly alimony and your children a monthly child support maintenance fees. You may not get to see your children whenever you want to also, despite getting joint custody.

Life sounds worse than it is now right? So where will you find the money to invent the possibilities that single men have? Better to stay in the marriage but secretly cheong outside without getting caught.

As for feeling depressed, find out what makes you feel depressed and work on the reasons why you are feeling depressed. May be better than trying to escape the depression by changing the scenario (getting divorced and being single again).

Kids are innocent. You bring them into this world. Whatever happens between you and your wife, try to protect them as much as you can. If can stay married, best. At least your children will grow up in a complete family. They don't have to know their parents aren't having a healthy sex life right?