The Asian Commercial Sex Scene  

Go Back   The Asian Commercial Sex Scene > For stuff you can't discuss with your Facebook Account > Coffee Shop Talk of a non sexual Nature

Notices

Coffee Shop Talk of a non sexual Nature Visit Sam's Alfresco Heaven. Singapore's best Alfresco Coffee Experience! If you're up to your ears with all this Sex Talk and would like to take a break from it all to discuss other interesting aspects of life in Singapore,  pop over and join in the fun.

User Tag List

Old 22-07-2015, 10:40 PM
Sam's RSS Feed Bot - I'm not Human. Don't talk to me.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 10000241 / Power: 3356
Sammyboy RSS Feed has a reputation beyond reputeSammyboy RSS Feed has a reputation beyond reputeSammyboy RSS Feed has a reputation beyond reputeSammyboy RSS Feed has a reputation beyond reputeSammyboy RSS Feed has a reputation beyond reputeSammyboy RSS Feed has a reputation beyond reputeSammyboy RSS Feed has a reputation beyond reputeSammyboy RSS Feed has a reputation beyond reputeSammyboy RSS Feed has a reputation beyond reputeSammyboy RSS Feed has a reputation beyond reputeSammyboy RSS Feed has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up PM: We got your interests at heart when taking in FTs

An honorable member of the Coffee Shop Has Just Posted the Following:

Speaking at a dialogue at the annual FutureChina Global Forum yesterday (21 Jul), PM Lee told the audience that his government does have Singaporeans’ interests at heart when comes to taking in foreign labour and immigrants.

“Purely from the perspective of numbers, it makes sense to take in foreign labour and immigrants. But from an emotional standpoint, it is not easy for people to accept, to agree and support. We have explained the reasons many times. I think people may not necessarily want more explanations,” he said.

“What I hope people will know, and I mean this from my heart, is that on immigration and population, we have Singaporeans’ interests at heart,” speaking from his heart.

“We have this responsibility; we are the Government; we need to lead the country; we need to make the best possible decision for Singaporeans. Even on the most difficult issue, we need to make the best decision and be accountable to the people. There may be different views on how the policy should be, but I hope people understand that the Government’s intent is good.”

“We are doing this for Singapore, and for Singaporeans,” he added, presumably also speaking from his heart.

Singapore belongs to everyone

However, his latest remark differs from what he spoke during a grassroots event in Ang Mo Kio last year in celebration of the Indian New Year [Link].

At the time, Mr Lee was reported to have said that “the event was an embodiment of the theme as well as on a larger scale where everyone participates as one big Singapore family” and that Singapore was a place “where we all celebrate one another’s festivals and happy events together.”

He added that “Singapore belongs to all of us”, which he said included “Singaporeans, new arrivals, people who are on permanent residence here, people who are on employment pass here.”

Not surprisingly, his remarks last year triggered a torrent of angry comments online.

“How can a PR or Employment Pass Holder be equal to a citizen?” one netizen asked. “This is truly a slap to every Singapore-born son who has given two years of his life to national service. For a leader to say that this country belongs to people who don’t hold a Singapore citizenship is absolutely shocking.”

“We the citizens of Singapore have just been reduced to the status of guests in our own country by our own PM,” said another.

Netizen Janet Ng said Mr Lee has “forgotten [why] our forefathers fought so hard for Singapore ann those who have sacrificed their lives for Singapore.”

“Singapore is for Singaporeans,” she said. “Those who are PRs (Permanent Residents) or working with WP (Work Permit), SP (Special Pass) are just visitors of Singapore who only help the economy [of] Singapore. Only when you are a citizen of Singapore… can say Singapore is for you. We have to draw the line even though you don’t like it. Very sad to hear this from our leader.”

Kevinn Heng said, “As a citizen [I] am most sad to see this statement. We welcome guests but that does not equate to them having an ownership of our land and what we have built.”

Some remarked that since Mr Lee said Singapore belongs to everyone who is here, foreigners should then be also asked to do NS too.

MOM forced to tighten FT rules

Meanwhile, public pressure and the impending GE appear to be forcing the government to further tighten rules for foreigners working here to bring their families over.

The Ministry of Manpower (MOM) is raising the minimum salary bar before they can apply for visas for spouses, children and parents. From Sept 1, they will have to earn at least $5,000 a month if they want to apply for Dependant’s Passes (DPs) for their spouses and children to join them in Singapore. This is up from the current $4,000.

Those who want to bring their parents to Singapore on Long Term Visit Passes (LTVPs) face an even higher minimum salary bar of $10,000 a month, up from $8,000.

The changes will take effect from 1 Oct.

SMU law professor Eugene Tan said, “It is a necessary rationalization as hiring one foreign professional can open the door to, say, four others in his or her family, which can impose a cost on society. By reviewing the benchmark, the door remains open but there is a more judicious management of the inflow.”

So, what is the real reason for the Singapore government suddenly seen to be so pro-Singaporeans?

The fear of losing another GRC to oppositions?

What do you think?

Read what more than 100 others think here..........

http://www.tremeritus.com/2015/07/22...taking-in-fts/

Click here to view the whole thread at www.sammyboy.com.
Advert Space Available
Bypass censorship with https://1.1.1.1

Cloudflare 1.1.1.1