The Asian Commercial Sex Scene  

Go Back   The Asian Commercial Sex Scene > For stuff you can't discuss with your Facebook Account > International Field Reports

Notices

International Field Reports Had a great time around the world? Tell us about it here!

User Tag List

Old 01-06-2006, 12:33 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 376 / Power: 22
Peter_North is a living Saint! - you won't find betterPeter_North is a living Saint! - you won't find betterPeter_North is a living Saint! - you won't find betterPeter_North is a living Saint! - you won't find better
sharkfins in Bangkok and Huay Kwang

Bros, 2 questions on my forthcoming trip.

Where can I sample cheap and good sharkfins in BKK ? Maybe not having to travel all the way to Chinatown ?

I have come across threads talking about food in Bangkok, and there is a place in Huay Kwang that sells delicious food. Where exactly is this place ?

Thanks...in advance.

North Pole
Old 01-06-2006, 08:51 AM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 43 / Power: 0
DingDangHead deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy
Re: sharkfins in Bangkok and Huay Kwang

Bro,

Huay Kwang is along the famous stretch of Ratchada where all the high class Mps are. There are a few big famous seafood restaurant there which i deem are not cheap. Actually its quite easy to beat the traffic jam of Chinatown, just take a sky train to the last station called Hua Lempong and hailed a cab which took you 10 mins to chinatown. Huay Kwang got a famous night hawker there with cheap food but i never come across any sharks fin leh (maybe i'm wrong). Hope the above info helps.
Old 01-06-2006, 11:23 AM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 233 / Power: 22
Freestyler69 is a Helpful and Caring SamsterFreestyler69 is a Helpful and Caring SamsterFreestyler69 is a Helpful and Caring Samster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_North
Bros, 2 questions on my forthcoming trip.

Where can I sample cheap and good sharkfins in BKK ? Maybe not having to travel all the way to Chinatown ?

I have come across threads talking about food in Bangkok, and there is a place in Huay Kwang that sells delicious food. Where exactly is this place ?

Thanks...in advance.

North Pole
i think there's a lot of places for such chinese delicacy... easy place for you maybe Somboon seafood near Mei Hua Massage

or Seafood Garden???? opposite SOi 4.

I want to acheive "marathon 1 dragon"

[/FONT]
Old 01-06-2006, 03:30 PM
Samster

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 390 / Power: 19
yanz is a living Saint! - you won't find betteryanz is a living Saint! - you won't find betteryanz is a living Saint! - you won't find betteryanz is a living Saint! - you won't find better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freestyler69
i think there's a lot of places for such chinese delicacy... easy place for you maybe Somboon seafood near Mei Hua Massage

or Seafood Garden???? opposite SOi 4.
i've personally eaten at somboon.. find the food at most mediocre n bit overpriced. probably due to the fact this place is heavily patronised by japs or that photo of japan Pm on its wall. there's a Nam Sing in MBK if i din recall wrongly thou i always make my way down to its Yaowarat branch to haf a nice feast. cheap n decent seafood includin shark's fin. there's a open air seafood rest in ratchada.. opp emerald hotel - Kuang seafood. i think previously mentioned by Singrakthai. except the aircon part its really worth trying. fast, delicious n very cheap! any other recommendations from bros more familiar with seafood in BKK?

just my 2 cents.. cheers.
Old 01-06-2006, 03:58 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 233 / Power: 22
Freestyler69 is a Helpful and Caring SamsterFreestyler69 is a Helpful and Caring SamsterFreestyler69 is a Helpful and Caring Samster

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanz
i've personally eaten at somboon.. find the food at most mediocre n bit overpriced. probably due to the fact this place is heavily patronised by japs or that photo of japan Pm on its wall. there's a Nam Sing in MBK if i din recall wrongly thou i always make my way down to its Yaowarat branch to haf a nice feast. cheap n decent seafood includin shark's fin. there's a open air seafood rest in ratchada.. opp emerald hotel - Kuang seafood. i think previously mentioned by Singrakthai. except the aircon part its really worth trying. fast, delicious n very cheap! any other recommendations from bros more familiar with seafood in BKK?

just my 2 cents.. cheers.
nam sing is in yaowarat which is too troublesome for me.. i usually eat at the one before namsing.. cos namsing too many singaporean (IMHO)..

if the thread starter would like something really delicious and dun mind paying the same amount as 2 puyings booking for a dinner... Grand Hyatt erawan hotel chinese restaurant.. all thumbs up.. better than most singapore top restaurants

I want to acheive "marathon 1 dragon"

[/FONT]
Old 01-06-2006, 05:03 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 113 / Power: 20
singrakthai deserves two Tigers! - He's a Great Guysingrakthai deserves two Tigers! - He's a Great Guy

Quote:
i've personally eaten at somboon.. find the food at most mediocre n bit overpriced. probably due to the fact this place is heavily patronised by japs or that photo of japan Pm on its wall. there's a Nam Sing in MBK if i din recall wrongly thou i always make my way down to its Yaowarat branch to haf a nice feast. cheap n decent seafood includin shark's fin. there's a open air seafood rest in ratchada.. opp emerald hotel - Kuang seafood. i think previously mentioned by Singrakthai. except the aircon part its really worth trying. fast, delicious n very cheap!
-ya, got Nam Sing (North Star) at MBK too. Sharksfin (300THB?) and birdnest (150THB for plain?). Nice comfy environment with air-con but always packed with tourists. I think its located near the entrance to National Stadium Skytrain.... correct me if i'm wrong.
-Never eaten at Somboon (Ratchadar). Heard its over priced by the local.
-Kuang Seafood is nice... reasonable price with air-con and non air-con areas. But I not sure if got sharkfin or not....
I think threadstarter is looking for Sharkfin restaurant? Not all seafood restaurants in Thailand serve Sharkfin i think. Sharkfin is more of chinese delicacy.
-There's 1 big restaurant at Siam Square... can't remember the name but got lots of big Sharkfin at the showcase window.
Actually I'm not a sharkfin fan.
cheers
Old 01-06-2006, 05:13 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 390 / Power: 19
yanz is a living Saint! - you won't find betteryanz is a living Saint! - you won't find betteryanz is a living Saint! - you won't find betteryanz is a living Saint! - you won't find better

Quote:
Originally Posted by singrakthai
-ya, got Nam Sing (North Star) at MBK too. Sharksfin (300THB?) and birdnest (150THB for plain?). Nice comfy environment with air-con but always packed with tourists. I think its located near the entrance to National Stadium Skytrain.... correct me if i'm wrong.
-Never eaten at Somboon (Ratchadar). Heard its over priced by the local.
-Kuang Seafood is nice... reasonable price with air-con and non air-con areas. But I not sure if got sharkfin or not....
namsing at MBK is really small if i'm not wrong n yah always packed with tourists. forget bout Somboon unless u wanna visit nataree after a meal?! kekeke.. (a taxi tried to scam me promoting SomBoonDEE, guys never been to somboon beware! 2 dif rest.) kuang seafood is definitely worth tryin. tiger beer lady workin when i visted was chio!
Old 01-06-2006, 05:25 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 410 / Power: 19
acmilan is a living Saint! - you won't find betteracmilan is a living Saint! - you won't find betteracmilan is a living Saint! - you won't find betteracmilan is a living Saint! - you won't find betteracmilan is a living Saint! - you won't find better

Quote:
namsing at MBK is really small if i'm not wrong n yah always packed with tourists. forget bout Somboon unless u wanna visit nataree after a meal?! kekeke.. (a taxi tried to scam me promoting SomBoonDEE, guys never been to somboon beware! 2 dif rest.) kuang seafood is definitely worth tryin. tiger beer lady workin when i visted was chio!
If I am not mistaken, SomboonDEE is affiliated with Chao Phraya MP...many taxis from Chao Phraya will recommend SomboonDEE
another place not bad is the small restaurant next to Mei Hua and b4 Somboon
Thong Kee in Sukhumvit also not bad
But for lots of choices and good prices for Chinese food, Yaowarat still best.
Old 01-06-2006, 05:55 PM
Samster

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 14783 / Power: 27
justl00king has a reputation beyond reputejustl00king has a reputation beyond reputejustl00king has a reputation beyond reputejustl00king has a reputation beyond reputejustl00king has a reputation beyond reputejustl00king has a reputation beyond reputejustl00king has a reputation beyond reputejustl00king has a reputation beyond reputejustl00king has a reputation beyond reputejustl00king has a reputation beyond reputejustl00king has a reputation beyond repute

There is one chinese restaurant at ground level Grand Diamond hotel pratunam.Ambience quite good with tourist and thai patrons.

Sharkfin 600/800 baht.10% discount on total bill if you guest of hotel.

I always eat there when I go Bkk.
Old 01-06-2006, 08:13 PM
Samster

Peter_North is a living Saint! - you won't find betterPeter_North is a living Saint! - you won't find betterPeter_North is a living Saint! - you won't find betterPeter_North is a living Saint! - you won't find better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freestyler69
nam sing is in yaowarat which is too troublesome for me.. i usually eat at the one before namsing.. cos namsing too many singaporean (IMHO)..

if the thread starter would like something really delicious and dun mind paying the same amount as 2 puyings booking for a dinner... Grand Hyatt erawan hotel chinese restaurant.. all thumbs up.. better than most singapore top restaurants
threadstarter very poor. no money to eat sharkfins in singapore. so hoping to find a cheap and good (Thailand represents cheap and good for many things) place for the coveted sharkfins...preferably those served in claypot.
Old 01-06-2006, 11:13 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 52 / Power: 20
SilviaS13 deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

just had one of the best sharksfin in my life at chinatown bangkok last week. its those in the alley by the roadside kind of stall, Tai Tiong or Da Zhong is his stall name.the building beside is a robinson shopping center and centerpoint service apartment is all the directions i can give.

served in claypot but dont know if price is a factor, range from 200 baht to 1200 baht. i and my friend ordered 800 baht each. two large claypot servings. think if in spore the price would be 80 plus at least for what we had.large quantities of sharksfins with fresh crab meats and big mushrooms and beansprouts and maybe there was scallop but its good stuff.

they specialized only in cooking sharks fin, not much variety in terms of other food, got crab meat fried noodles or rice and also some cooling sweetened desserts available thats all.

i ate sharksfins since young and i feel that its definitely worth the money.
if u think not nice then u duno how to appreciate good food kind ^^
Old 02-06-2006, 12:38 PM
Samster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilviaS13

served in claypot but dont know if price is a factor, range from 200 baht to 1200 baht. i and my friend ordered 800 baht each. two large claypot servings. think if in spore the price would be 80 plus at least for what we had.large quantities of sharksfins with fresh crab meats and big mushrooms and beansprouts and maybe there was scallop but its good stuff.

^^
Your sharkfins more expensive than my airticket.
Old 03-06-2006, 09:32 PM
Samster

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 382 / Power: 21
hcmanic is a living Saint! - you won't find betterhcmanic is a living Saint! - you won't find betterhcmanic is a living Saint! - you won't find betterhcmanic is a living Saint! - you won't find better

Quote:
Try Nam-A-Khan Bua restaurant near Bang-na Novotal Hotel.
Old 04-06-2006, 12:19 AM
Samster

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcmanic
Try Nam-A-Khan Bua restaurant near Bang-na Novotal Hotel.
Bangna ? Yao Mo Kao Chor.
Old 04-06-2006, 08:42 AM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 52 / Power: 20
SilviaS13 deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

Quote:
with tickets going for 9.95, of course its more expensive. but i said it range from 200 baht onwards, thats abt the same price too.

anyway, with airport surcharges and taxes, surely you can afford 20-30 dollars for sharksfin? sharksfin by itself no taste one, its the soup stock that makes a delicious bowl of sharksfin. its value for money liao i feel this stall i ate at.
Bypass censorship with https://1.1.1.1

Cloudflare 1.1.1.1