The Asian Commercial Sex Scene  

Go Back   The Asian Commercial Sex Scene > For stuff you can't discuss with your Facebook Account > Matters of the Heart.

Notices

Matters of the Heart. Has a Commercial Fuck turned into a torrid Love Affair which has turned your life upside down? Fear not. We have experts here who can help you through your roller coaster ride. Tell us your story and we'll do our best to help.

User Tag List

Old 20-06-2022, 11:40 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 27 / Power: 0
Hunkydunky deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy
Re: Stress about work

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjm85 View Post
In the civil service for the past 12 years. Recently committed a grave mistake and really regretted it. Due to the mistake, been thinking of resigning. But am afraid not able to find another job that pays the same (5k+). Only a dip holder. Got a family of 2 young kids to feed too.

Should I just brave through this episode, face whatever punishment that will come, and carry on my job with the possibility of no promotion for the next 5 years due to the mistake? Or try to find another job? I also considererd doing my own business, maybe opening a pub or something..
You got experience managing a pub? Finding business partners?
Old 21-06-2022, 06:59 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 2928 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 5691 / Power: 7
bignehneh has a reputation beyond reputebignehneh has a reputation beyond reputebignehneh has a reputation beyond reputebignehneh has a reputation beyond reputebignehneh has a reputation beyond reputebignehneh has a reputation beyond reputebignehneh has a reputation beyond reputebignehneh has a reputation beyond reputebignehneh has a reputation beyond reputebignehneh has a reputation beyond reputebignehneh has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin23 View Post
I was in a similar situation, I have been in the same company for the last 15 years and a few years ago when things were looking really promising, I was the right-hand man for a very senior manager.

My boss lost a political battle and took early retirement, and I had to report to a new and vindictive ex-boss who hated my guts and put me through 3 years of (work) performance hell - round after round of Performance Improvement Plan programmes (PIPs), which I thankfully passed.

I decided to stick it out, if the company no longer wants me they better pay me a retrenchment package and not push me into throwing a resignation letter. It was tough, but in the end I came out with a new role and a promotion (albeit in a different department, less prestigious but I am happier).

I do wonder sometimes, if I may have done even better if I left and tried my luck elsewhere but you know what they always say about the grass always looking greener on the other side. For me, it is always better to choose the devil you know, rather than the devil you don't.

YMMV - Everyone's circumstances are unique but the one thing that I always believe:

Never reply when you’re angry.
Never make a promise when you’re happy.
Never make a decision when you’re sad

All the best.
Sibei powerful! I know someone tong 10 years for poor performance. But never see light again. Tio condemn
Old 21-06-2022, 07:47 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 178 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 307 / Power: 16
benjm85 is one of the Best!benjm85 is one of the Best!benjm85 is one of the Best!benjm85 is one of the Best!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunkydunky View Post
You got experience managing a pub? Finding business partners?
Dont have haha..u interested?
Old 21-06-2022, 10:06 AM
Samster (Donor)

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 389 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 3947 / Power: 48
Penguin23 has a reputation beyond reputePenguin23 has a reputation beyond reputePenguin23 has a reputation beyond reputePenguin23 has a reputation beyond reputePenguin23 has a reputation beyond reputePenguin23 has a reputation beyond reputePenguin23 has a reputation beyond reputePenguin23 has a reputation beyond reputePenguin23 has a reputation beyond reputePenguin23 has a reputation beyond reputePenguin23 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bignehneh View Post
Sibei powerful! I know someone tong 10 years for poor performance. But never see light again. Tio condemn
Luck plays a big part - though some of it boils down to taking a calculated risk. I know my company is big enough that I can get a transfer where my ex-boss cannot touch me. He eventually got promoted too, so in a way I am super glad that I managed to get out from that department. I view my tenure in the company as currency, because years spent in the company gives you not only corporate history (which is invaluable) and also a potential payout on retrenchment (which by law you become eligible only if you have 3 or more years of continuous service)

About 20 years ago, in a different company I started out my career in a very promising way too before something bad happened - I got a huge raise after the first year and was put in a prestigious department but I made a serious mistake at work a few years later which unfortunately caught the attention of a very powerful boss. The boss wanted to make an example of me, so he he froze my pay for 2 years, and I had such a bad performance review that I became an "untouchable" - no department wanted to accept my transfer application but at that time I was also going to get married, so if I stick around I would be in a position to get at least half a year's pay as a retrenchment benefit. A big sum for someone who just started out.

My actions then was based a single premise - I knew that big boss was due to retire and indeed, after he left the company I finally got my transfer, to a department that nobody wanted to join. I became their star performer, and because of that rare knowledge that I got from that job (which made my skillset somewhat unique), I joined a competitor (my current company) for a 50% pay increase after 2 years, and a relatively quick promotion right after that for another 50% increase.

Life is strange, indeed. I learnt, that in life a lot of things boil down to luck, taking the punches and rolling with it and taking on calculated risks. My actions could have turned out badly for me, but luckily they did not. I am now nearing the end of my career (I will be lucky to have 10 years left), so I thought for whatever it's worth I can pen down my experience as a reference point to those in a similar situation.

So take heart, TS and don't feel down. There is usually a silver lining though it won't be visible immediately. It took a few years for me, but in the meantime you just have to use your time productively and look at things on the bright side

Cheers
Old 21-06-2022, 05:50 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1563 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 39974 / Power: 28
loneyheart has a reputation beyond reputeloneyheart has a reputation beyond reputeloneyheart has a reputation beyond reputeloneyheart has a reputation beyond reputeloneyheart has a reputation beyond reputeloneyheart has a reputation beyond reputeloneyheart has a reputation beyond reputeloneyheart has a reputation beyond reputeloneyheart has a reputation beyond reputeloneyheart has a reputation beyond reputeloneyheart has a reputation beyond repute

There is no such thing as old is gold in any company
Old 21-06-2022, 06:58 PM
Samster

benjm85 is one of the Best!benjm85 is one of the Best!benjm85 is one of the Best!benjm85 is one of the Best!

Sometimes got a feeling that life is more than work. After work still got to ans messages from the many chatgroups from work..really sian. Hoping for one day i can leave all the chatgroups
Old 21-06-2022, 10:31 PM
Samster

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 172 / Power: 7
Pictionary is a Helpful and Caring SamsterPictionary is a Helpful and Caring Samster

In my company all the seniors(FTs) and my boss left. Despite discouragements from everyone, subject to personal attacks, ex-seniors and ex-boss dun bother to give useful infos, cross dept colleagues dun bother to read user manual and push to me, I managed to do things on my own. I remember i last whatsapp a photo to the FT, he cannot be bothered to give any useful infos. I managed to solve it after 2 tries and the customer was very pleased with me.

Now i can do the frontend and backend systems concurrently. Outsiders dun believe me, think that do too many jobs means the jobs are menial and not technically challenging. And my current boss and my colleagues meddle my work and make it more worse.

I am not expecting here for a sound advice bec most of the advices here are disappointing and I dun want to disappoint myself further as this is a sing song talk cork and cannon talk forum.

If i somehow retire at an old age, and look back, I can teach my future kids on technical matters. I know the kids need to juggle between work and ns. If I dun teach, u expect the FTs to teach them?
Old 22-06-2022, 02:19 PM
Samster

Quoted: 450 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 5614 / Power: 19
Jaycu69 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycu69 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycu69 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycu69 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycu69 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycu69 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycu69 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycu69 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycu69 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycu69 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycu69 has a reputation beyond repute

Just an advice ...

Stress at work is wverywhere. It is how we manage it. If you are in a well paid positiin with family, do think twice bwfirw quitting. Do discuss with your family. Family suppost is the most important. Do not quit impulsively.

If you want to quit, do look at your age, your family needs your support, your qualification, your piggy bank must have at least 12-months reserve.

What other options you have if you have done your check list & you do not have the above ? Whether you are young or old, all employers nowadays will give a handshake whether they are doing well or not.

Most important is you must learn how to manage your stress. Speak to someone who you think can give you a piece of good advice.

Hope my few cents can help.

Cheer up bros for those who find stress @ work.

Don't worry, be happy ...
Old 22-06-2022, 11:48 PM
Samster

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 27 / Power: 0
Hunkydunky deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

Quote:
Dont have haha..u interested?
No experience hard to survive. I got a friend wanna do pub related business too...get someone experienced to manage the shop..
Then weekday go work.. weekend go pub see see look look..
Old 23-06-2022, 11:53 PM
Samster

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 103 / Power: 17
TenSanYi deserves two Tigers! - He's a Great GuyTenSanYi deserves two Tigers! - He's a Great Guy

I been working as a HR in SME, MNC and now Public sector for 10 years+ till now.

If your mistake can cause you to be fired aka terminated then i will suggest you to quit first. If it is only warning letter or fine etc. just stick to the end while hunting a new job. Recession is really coming soon, most of my frens co has already freeze hiring...
Old 24-06-2022, 01:27 AM
Samster

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 75 / Power: 4
specsbored deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

Quote:
Sometimes got a feeling that life is more than work. After work still got to ans messages from the many chatgroups from work..really sian. Hoping for one day i can leave all the chatgroups
Hello samsters

Im gonna enter the working world soon hence this thread on civil service on interests me.

I sincerely apologise for hijacking this thread and am not able to offer any advise to TS @benjm85. My apologies and I sincerely hope the other senior samsters can advise him/her.

Can I ask for civil service (same as govt jobs right) generally have work life balance? I was surprised to see TS mentioning replying to chat groups after working hours?

How about private sector?

Is there any "deep seated cultural" stuff or pretty much anything that you think I should know before entering the workforce? I will appreciate any response.

Thank you all samsters in advance!

Last edited by specsbored; 24-06-2022 at 01:32 AM. Reason: include more words
Old 25-06-2022, 01:34 PM
Samster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenSanYi View Post
I been working as a HR in SME, MNC and now Public sector for 10 years+ till now.

If your mistake can cause you to be fired aka terminated then i will suggest you to quit first. If it is only warning letter or fine etc. just stick to the end while hunting a new job. Recession is really coming soon, most of my frens co has already freeze hiring...
My ministry alot of resignation this year..is the pay higher outside since now covid restrictions are lifted and companies are hiring back staff.
Old 26-06-2022, 02:24 PM
Samster

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 103 / Power: 17
TenSanYi deserves two Tigers! - He's a Great GuyTenSanYi deserves two Tigers! - He's a Great Guy

Quote:
My ministry alot of resignation this year..is the pay higher outside since now covid restrictions are lifted and companies are hiring back staff.
People who gets higher pay out there is because they possessed the right skill and qualification at the right time that has demands in the market? I am not sure what is your job since you are quite secretive, if you do possess these attributes needed in the market just go ahead and jump ship. If no, my advice just stay and eat for now.
Old 01-07-2022, 08:56 PM
Samster

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 52 / Power: 2
maneepunnani deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

Quote:
In the civil service for the past 12 years. Recently committed a grave mistake and really regretted it. Due to the mistake, been thinking of resigning. But am afraid not able to find another job that pays the same (5k+). Only a dip holder. Got a family of 2 young kids to feed too.

Should I just brave through this episode, face whatever punishment that will come, and carry on my job with the possibility of no promotion for the next 5 years due to the mistake? Or try to find another job? I also considererd doing my own business, maybe opening a pub or something..
my advice? build income on the side. dont resign. it will be a strain on you but once you build sidelines u open up options.

example now 6k rounded up. u build side line up maybe 1k a month. u can job search a less time consuming job for 5k. and 5k plus sideline 1k u still can 6k.

so basically is dont stop working around the opportunities / options to generate income. u must however be willing to put in the hard work.
Old 05-07-2022, 12:32 AM
Samster

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 172 / Power: 7
Pictionary is a Helpful and Caring SamsterPictionary is a Helpful and Caring Samster

To be factual, building a side income puts strain in both life and work.

To destress, exercise once in a while. Avoid going to night clubs, KTVs. And avoid sinking in the negativities of life. And have proper time management too.
Advert Space Available
Bypass censorship with https://1.1.1.1

Cloudflare 1.1.1.1