The Asian Commercial Sex Scene  

Go Back   The Asian Commercial Sex Scene > For stuff you can't discuss with your Facebook Account > Sexual Health Issues

Notices

Sexual Health Issues If you need medical advice regarding your sexual health, ask Dr Tan. We are honored to have an In House Doctor who is here to help.

User Tag List

Old 10-09-2018, 08:50 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 21821 / Power: 29
Big Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: All you need to know about Herpes

no..there are of more than one anti viral medication..
Acyclovir is very commonly used to treat herpes... read the first page of this thread..

Yes..if you have frequent recurrence it is recommended that you start the anti viral medication.

i am guessing DSC or polyclinic.. they should be the cheapest.. anyway, it shouldnt be too expensive.
and dont buy them from those dodgy source..

Sincerely
Doctor Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangoshow View Post
Hello Drs,

Is valtrex the only medication for reoccurrence herpes?

Does it go away using suppressive treatment?

Where can ‘affordable’ valtrex be purchased in SG?

Thanks.

Sex health related questions click here.
WOMEN'S CHARTER click here
Sg law on sex related matters click here
Old 10-09-2018, 11:54 PM
Samster

Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 55 / Power: 13
Magnataur deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

Just want to check few things here. I hope some bros can enlighten me
i used to have chickenpox before and subsequently vvirus reactivated and causes shingles
So does it mean tha
1) Shingles and open sore caused by hsv1 in the mouth is the same?
2) If i do herpes blood test, will it show positive, provided i had chickenpox before?
3) since the chickenpox virus is so contagious, will it spread to others via skin to skin contact?
Old 11-09-2018, 06:36 AM

Big Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond repute

ok first of all, u need to know there are more than 2 type of the herpes virus.. HSV1 to HHV8

1. shingles isnt cause by HSV1... it is caused by the varicella-zoster virus (HHV3)

2. show positive for what? but the simple answer is yes.. blood test can detect the virus.

3. yes, chickenpox can be spread via skin to skin contact esp if you touch the blister.. it is a airborne and can be spread via coughing and sneezing.. that is why it is contagious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnataur View Post
Just want to check few things here. I hope some bros can enlighten me
i used to have chickenpox before and subsequently vvirus reactivated and causes shingles
So does it mean tha
1) Shingles and open sore caused by hsv1 in the mouth is the same?
2) If i do herpes blood test, will it show positive, provided i had chickenpox before?
3) since the chickenpox virus is so contagious, will it spread to others via skin to skin contact?

Last edited by Big Sexy; 07-11-2018 at 07:57 AM.
Old 11-09-2018, 04:38 PM

to add on to my earlier post.

https://medbroadcast.com/channel/inf...-virus-8-types

The herpes family of viruses includes 8 different viruses that affect human beings. The viruses are known by numbers as human herpes virus 1 through 8 (HHV1 - HHV8).

Human herpes virus 1
Human herpes virus 1 (HHV1) is also known as herpes simplex virus 1 (HSV1). It is typically the cause of cold sores around the mouth. HHV1 can also lead to infection in the genital area causing genital herpes usually through oral-genital contact, such as during oral sex. HHV1 infections are contagious and are usually spread from skin-to-skin contact with an infected person through small breaks in the skin or mucous membrane. The HHV1 virus is more likely to be spread through things like sharing eating utensils, razors, and towels from a person who has an active lesion.

Human herpes virus 2
Human herpes virus 2 (HHV2) is also called herpes simplex virus 2 (HSV2). It typically causes genital herpes, a sexually transmitted infection. However, it can also cause cold sores in the facial area. Like HHV1, the HHV2 infection is contagious and is spread by skin-to-skin contact. The main route of transmission is through sexual contact, as the virus does not survive very long outside the body.

Human herpes virus 3
Human herpes virus 3 (HHV3) is also called varicella-zoster virus. HHV3 causes chickenpox. It can also cause a recurrent virus infection of the skin, which is called herpes zoster or shingles. Shingles occurs when dormant varicella-zoster virus from an initial bout of chickenpox becomes reactivated. Like its close relative, HHV1, herpes zoster likes to infect skin cells and nerve cells. This virus may also recur along nerve fibre pathways, causing multiple sores where nerve fibres end on skin cells. Because an entire group of nerve cells is often affected, shingles is generally much more severe than a recurrence of herpes simplex. The lesions generally appear in a band-like or belt-like pattern occurring on one side of the body and are often accompanied by itching, tingling, or even severe pain. Healing usually occurs in 2 to 4 weeks, and scars may remain. Postherpetic neuralgia is a complication of shingles where the pain associated with the infection can persist for months and even years. Most people who experience shingles once do not experience it again.

Human herpes virus 4
Human herpes virus 4 (HHV4) is also known as the Epstein-Barr virus. It is the major cause of infectious mononucleosis, or "mono" - the "kissing disease." It is a contagious infection and is transmitted through saliva. Coughing, sneezing, or sharing eating utensils with an infected person can pass the virus from one person to another.

Human herpes virus 5
Human herpes virus 5 (HHV5) is the official name of cytomegalovirus (CMV). CMV is also a cause of mononucleosis. In people with healthy immune systems, the virus may not even cause any symptoms. It can be sexually transmitted, can cause problems to newborns, and can cause hepatitis. CMV can be transmitted through sexual contact, breast-feeding, blood transfusions, and organ transplants. CMV infection is one of the most difficult complications of AIDS. It may lead to diarrhea, severe vision problems including blindness, infections of the stomach and intestines, and even death. For a virus that barely causes a problem in most people with healthy immune systems, it can be amazingly nasty in people with damaged immune systems, such as people with AIDS.

Human herpes virus 6
Human herpes virus 6 (HHV6) is a recently observed agent found in the blood cells of a few patients with a variety of diseases. It causes roseola (a viral disease causing high fever and a skin rash in small children) and a variety of other illnesses associated with fever in that age group. This infection accounts for many of the cases of convulsions associated with fever in infancy (febrile seizures).

Human herpes virus 7
Human herpes virus 7 (HHV7) is even more recently observed and is closely related to HHV6. Like other human herpes viruses, HHV6 and HHV7 are so common that most of humankind has been infected at some point, usually early in life. HHV7 can also cause roseola, but it is not clear what other clinical effects that this virus causes.

Human herpes virus 8
Human herpes virus 8 (HHV8) was recently discovered in the tumours called Kaposi's Sarcoma (KS). These tumours are found in people with AIDS and are otherwise very rare. KS forms purplish tumours in the skin and other tissues of some people with AIDS. It is very difficult to treat with medication. HHV8 may also cause other cancers, including certain lymphomas (lymph node cancers) associated with AIDS. The fact that these cancers are caused by a virus may explain why they tend to occur in people with AIDS when their immune systems begin to fail. The discovery also provides new hope that specific treatments for these tumours will be developed that target the virus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Sexy View Post
ok first of all, u need to know there are more than 2 type of the herpes virus.. HSV1 to HSV8

1. shingles isnt cause by HSV1... it is caused by the varicella-zoster virus (HSV3)

2. show positive for what? but the simple answer is yes.. blood test can detect the virus.

3. yes, chickenpox can be spread via skin to skin contact esp if you touch the blister.. it is a airborne and can be spread via coughing and sneezing.. that is why it is contagious

Old 11-09-2018, 11:23 PM
Samster

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 55 / Power: 13
Magnataur deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

Thanks bro for the info.
It really helps.
Old 06-11-2018, 02:43 PM
Samster (M)

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 20 / Power: 0
marvinpresto12 deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

Thanks for the valuable information.
Old 05-01-2019, 12:50 AM
Samster

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 8 / Power: 0
kan12345 is Cool - loads of Potential

Is Herpes consider one type of HIV?
Or is consider something more serious than herpes.
Old 05-01-2019, 07:17 AM

they are different
herpes is HSV... human immunodeficiency virus is HIV

however if u have genital herpes..it can increase your risk of getting HIV

Quote:
Originally Posted by kan12345 View Post
Is Herpes consider one type of HIV?
Or is consider something more serious than herpes.

Old 08-04-2019, 11:16 AM

Herpes simplex: Everything you need to know
By Jon Johnson
https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/323935.php

Herpes simplex is a viral infection that typically affects the mouth, genitals, or anal area. It is contagious and can cause outbreaks of sores and other symptoms.
Herpes simplex virus (HSV) is a highly prevalent infection globally, with the most common type affecting around 3.7 billion people under the age of 50 years. It spreads rapidly through direct contact with a person who carries HSV. The sexual transmission of some types of HSV is also possible.

The majority of people with HSV will not show any symptoms at all, but they can still pass on the virus. The symptoms of HSV are typically mild but can cause discomfort.

HSV can be particularly harmful to those with weakened immune systems, such as infants.

This article will outline the symptoms of HSV, the different types of the virus, and how to treat it.

Symptoms

It is common for a person with HSV to have no noticeable symptoms. However, even without having symptoms, a person can still pass the virus on to someone else.

When people do experience symptoms, these will usually include sores. These are blisters that develop on the surface of the skin and may be itchy or uncomfortable. They can break open and ooze fluid.

Sores can develop anywhere, but they usually occur around the mouth, genitals, or anus, depending on the type of HSV. Most sores emerge within the first 20 days after becoming infected and can last around 7 to 10 days.

Other symptoms of HSV can include:

localized tingling, itching, or burning
flu-like symptoms
problems urinating
eye infections
The symptoms of HSV typically occur in outbreaks that can last between 2 and 6 weeks, depending on the type of HSV. The frequency of these outbreaks can vary.

Types
There are two main types of HSV:

Herpes simplex virus type 1
Herpes simplex virus type 1 (HSV-1) is the most common form of HSV. Due to its constant presence worldwide, the medical community considers HSV-1 to be an endemic disease.

HSV-1 typically leads to oral herpes, as the vast majority of HSV-1 cases affect the mouth and its surrounding area. However, it is possible for HSV-1 to affect other areas of the body, such as the genitals.

HSV-1 often develops during childhood and is a lifelong condition. It can spread through non-sexual contact with saliva, such as kissing.

Herpes simplex virus type 2

Herpes simplex virus type 2 (HSV-2) spreads through sexual contact and is a type of sexually transmitted infection (STI).

HSV-2 typically leads to genital herpes, which means that symptoms usually develop around the genital and anal areas. It is also a lifelong condition, and symptoms only appear during flare-ups.

Causes

Both types of HSV develop as a result of direct contact with the virus.

HSV-1 most commonly spreads through oral-to-oral contact, which can be with sores, saliva, or the area around the mouth. Transmission may also occur due to sharing lip balm, a toothbrush, or any other product that has come into contact with HSV.

People have a much higher risk of contracting HSV-1 if they come into contact with someone who has an active outbreak of symptoms. In some cases, it is also possible for people to transmit HSV-1 during sexual activity.

Transmission of HSV-2 almost always takes place during sexual contact. This includes any contact with the skin, sores, saliva, or bodily fluids of someone with HSV-2, and it can occur during vaginal, oral, or anal sex.

Diagnosis
It is usually possible for doctors to diagnose HSV by carrying out a physical examination of symptoms during an outbreak. The sores are easy to identify as a sign of HSV infection.

A doctor will also ask questions about the symptoms. If they suspect HSV-2, they may ask about a person's sexual health history.

It is also possible that they will take a sample from a sore. Alternatively, if the individual does not have symptoms, the doctor can use a blood test to detect the infection.

Treatment
Although there is no cure for either type of HSV, symptoms are often not present, and treatment may not be necessary.

When symptoms do occur, they often resolve without treatment after several weeks.

Treatments are available to help control symptoms and reduce the frequency of outbreaks. Some medications can also reduce the risk of transferring HSV to others.

Antiviral creams or ointments are available for the sores. These treatments should help relieve the itching, stinging, and discomfort.

Examples of antiviral medications include:

acyclovir
famciclovir
valacyclovir
These medications are also available in the form of a pill or an injection.

Outlook
HSV is a highly prevalent viral infection. It spreads rapidly through direct contact, and the chances of contracting the virus are relatively high.

In many cases, a person will not experience any symptoms. When symptoms do occur, they appear in outbreaks. The first outbreak is typically the worst.

There is no cure for HSV, but antiviral treatments can help people manage the condition.

Old 10-04-2019, 10:28 AM

What to know about genital herpes
By Rachel Nall
https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/323934.php

Genital herpes is a common sexually transmitted infection that can cause sores to develop on the genitals. Some people have genital herpes without any symptoms.
This article gives an overview of genital herpes, including its symptoms, causes, treatments, and complications.

What is genital herpes?

People can contract this sexually transmitted infection (STI) through vaginal, anal, and oral sex.

Two types of virus can cause genital herpes:

herpes simplex 1 (HSV-1), which usually causes oral herpes
herpes simplex 2 (HSV-2), which usually causes genital herpes
Oral herpes causes cold sores, or fever blisters, to appear on the lips. People usually get oral herpes through salivary contact rather than genital contact.

Although HSV-1 usually causes oral herpes, it can spread to the genitals through oral sex, especially if a person has open cold sores.

A person can have HSV-1 and HSV-2 at the same time.

There is currently no cure for genital herpes. It can be easy to transmit to others, even if a person does not have open sores.

To prevent the transmission of genital herpes, it is important to use barrier protection during sex.

How common is genital herpes?
Genital herpes is very common, affecting 11.9 percent of people ages 14–49 in the United States.

Females are more likely to have genital herpes than males because vaginal tissues can tear easily, allowing the virus to enter the body. Estimates suggest that genital herpes affects 1 in 5 females and 1 in 10 males ages 14–49.

Symptoms
Genital herpes does not always cause symptoms. A person may not know that they have this virus until it shows on a routine STI test.

When genital herpes does lead to symptoms, it typically causes open sores on the genitals and anus.

Initially, the sores usually develop on the part of the body that was first exposed to the virus. The lesions usually appear between 2 days and 3 weeks of sexual contact with a person who has genital herpes.

The hallmark of genital herpes is small blisters that break open, leaving painful sores that can take 2–6 weeks to heal. A person may mistake a mild case of herpes for a few pimples or ingrown hairs.

Often, a person first feels tingling or itching around their genitals, which can last up to a day. They may also notice the following symptoms:

a headache
fever
tiredness or fatigue
swollen lymph nodes
muscle pain
Herpes is most contagious when a person has open genital sores, though people can transmit the virus even when there are no sores.

A doctor will usually diagnose genital herpes by asking about a person's symptoms and examining any lesions that are present. Blood tests and skin scrapings can help diagnose the condition, though these are usually not necessary.

Some symptoms are specific to males and females.

Symptoms of genital herpes in males

Males are more likely to have repeat outbreaks of genital herpes than females. They may notice blisters or sores on the penis, scrotum, or anus, or unusual discharge from the penis.

Symptoms of genital herpes in females

Getting a menstrual period can cause an outbreak of genital herpes.

Also, a person may mistake the symptoms of genital herpes for those of a yeast infection or bladder infection.

How is genital herpes transmitted?
Genital herpes can spread in the following ways:

vaginal sex, anal sex, or genital contact with someone who has the virus
receiving oral sex from a partner with a cold sore
touching a herpes sore, then touching the genitals
a baby can contract genital herpes during birth if the mother has the virus
People can sexually transmit the virus even if they have no visible symptoms.

It is not possible to contract genital herpes from toilet seats, bedding, swimming pools, or touching other objects. The virus can only spread from human-to-human contact.

How to treat genital herpes
There is no cure for genital herpes. It lays dormant in the body for long periods, then reappears as an outbreak of sores.

However, doctors can prescribe medications that reduce the likelihood of recurring outbreaks. These medicines may also lower the risk of transmitting the virus.

When a person has a genital herpes outbreak, they may be able to promote healing and lower the risk of transmitting the virus by:

avoiding sexual contact with another person until the sores have healed
keeping the sores clean and dry
refraining from touching the sores whenever possible
washing the hands immediately after touching the sores
using barrier protection during sexual contact until told otherwise by a doctor
The first herpes outbreak is usually the worst — subsequent outbreaks tend to become less bothersome.

Complications

Genital herpes does not typically cause serious health complications. However, it can make a person more vulnerable to contracting HIV.

If a person has genital herpes sores, viruses and bacteria, including HIV, have more opportunity to enter the body. Avoid scratching the sores, as this can lead to bacterial infection.

Also, having HIV can make genital herpes outbreaks more severe.

Prevention

Avoiding sexual contact, especially when sores are present, is the only sure way to prevent the spread of genital herpes.

Using condoms reduces the risk of transmitting the infection. However, people can contract herpes from the skin around the genitals, so this is not guaranteed to be effective.

Many people have STIs without knowing it. Doctors recommend getting regular checks, especially after a person has had sex with a new partner.

Outlook
Genital herpes is an STI that a person can transmit through vaginal, anal, or oral sex. It is usually caused by the HSV-2 virus, but it can also be caused by HSV-1.

There is no cure for genital herpes, but by taking antiviral medication, a person can reduce the likelihood of outbreaks and the risk of transmitting the virus.

A doctor can help diagnose genital herpes and recommend treatment options.

People can help prevent the transmission of genital herpes by using barrier protection during sex and by taking antiretroviral medication.

Old 06-07-2022, 08:20 AM
Samster

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 10 / Power: 0
bubblefish000 deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

I have scala energy band tat can reduce occurance proven effective.
Pm me to find out n try
Old 06-10-2022, 12:20 PM
Samster (M)

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 20 / Power: 0
Jeff8899 deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

With condom?
Old 29-11-2022, 12:23 AM
Samster

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 18 / Power: 0
snootycat deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff8899 View Post
With condom?
Posted above

Quote:
Using condoms reduces the risk of transmitting the infection. However, people can contract herpes from the skin around the genitals, so this is not guaranteed to be effective.
Old 16-02-2023, 05:40 PM
Samster

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 27 / Power: 0
Hunkydunky deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

Anyone with herpes and not receiving treatment?

Can share your experience? How you manage outbreaks. And where are those rashes appears? How you explain when others ask you how come you have rashes?
Old 15-04-2023, 12:42 PM
Samster

Quoted: 306 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 334 / Power: 3
duaneh is one of the Best!duaneh is one of the Best!duaneh is one of the Best!duaneh is one of the Best!

Has any bros know of cases where someone chionging kena herpes despite being very careful and always caps on for BJ or FJ? I want to try FJ with caps on but scared kena herpes also. Don’t know what’s the realistic risk of catching herpes with caps on.
Advert Space Available
Bypass censorship with https://1.1.1.1

Cloudflare 1.1.1.1