The Asian Commercial Sex Scene  

Go Back   The Asian Commercial Sex Scene > For stuff you can't discuss with your Facebook Account > Sexual Health Issues

Notices

Sexual Health Issues If you need medical advice regarding your sexual health, ask Dr Tan. We are honored to have an In House Doctor who is here to help.

User Tag List

Old 24-05-2004, 06:21 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 358 / Power: 21
collin_23 is a living Saint! - you won't find bettercollin_23 is a living Saint! - you won't find bettercollin_23 is a living Saint! - you won't find bettercollin_23 is a living Saint! - you won't find better
Re: All you need to know about HIV

http://www.avert.org/wwhiv.htm

Singapore national statistics for HIV updated recently. Unfortunately on the rise, check out the link by newyorker88 also.
Old 27-05-2004, 12:46 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 11 / Power: 0
jare01 deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by collin_23
http://www.avert.org/wwhiv.htm

Singapore national statistics for HIV updated recently. Unfortunately on the rise, check out the link by newyorker88 also.
Be Safe than sorry....
Old 29-05-2004, 05:04 PM
Sinful_man

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: / Power: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheongkid
You can visit DSC Clinic in Kelantan Lane. You can go for Anonymous HIV Testing conducted by Action for AIDS (AFA) at the clinic premises on Wednesdays 6.30pm - 8.00pm and Saturdays 1pm - 4pm. The test cost $20. No appointment needed. Pre-test counselling will be conducted and a drop of blood from your finger will be taken for testing. The result will be ready in 15 mins.

Bro, just curious, what if test is positive ?
Will they report you to MOH ?
If not then they will lose the record for statistic, right ?

Thanks
Old 31-05-2004, 10:21 PM
allenwu

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: / Power: 0

thank buddy, but use condom is the best choice, don't forget
Old 08-08-2004, 11:33 PM

Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 21821 / Power: 29
Big Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond repute

i thought i will be good to bring this thread up again.. since so many bro here still asking questions on AIDS. hope it help

Sex health related questions click here.
WOMEN'S CHARTER click here
Sg law on sex related matters click here
Old 10-08-2004, 01:16 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 91 / Power: 22
perrymason32 deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

IF YOU DO THE TEST ADMINISTERED BY THE AFA:-

1) If tested positive, they will draw a test sample to do another confirmatory test. Then they will ask the person who tested positive for ELISA Gen3 test (the rapid version of which is the one the AFA does on that day) to come back in one week's time to get the results for it. Only the number of the receipt is kept for collection and verification purposes. No name, IC no. etc.

If the confirmatory test comes back and the person is +ve, then the AFA counselor will give advice--have to seek treatment etc.

2) + 3) Then the +ve result is entered into database (maybe not even a computer, but a notebook, dunno) as one +ve result. So that when time comes for collation of data--they will give the figures to MOH. So whoever is tested and confirmed +ve, is just a statistic, or rather an overall statistic for the period/year.

Of course, if a person goes to the DSC Clinic and has the test done by DSC Clinic's doctors, or has it done at any GP or doctor in Singapore--then if that person is tested +ve, then all these doctors are required by law to inform the MOH, with the person's identity and all. And the person that is +ve is required by law to tell--in that, if that person has sex with another person without telling that other person that he/she is +ve, then that person is chargeable by law in a Singapore court.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinful_man
Bro, just curious, what if test is positive ?
Will they report you to MOH ?
If not then they will lose the record for statistic, right ?

Thanks
Old 13-08-2004, 11:36 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 473 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 3337 / Power: 21
lacoruna69 has a reputation beyond reputelacoruna69 has a reputation beyond reputelacoruna69 has a reputation beyond reputelacoruna69 has a reputation beyond reputelacoruna69 has a reputation beyond reputelacoruna69 has a reputation beyond reputelacoruna69 has a reputation beyond reputelacoruna69 has a reputation beyond reputelacoruna69 has a reputation beyond reputelacoruna69 has a reputation beyond reputelacoruna69 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by perrymason32
Of course, if a person goes to the DSC Clinic and has the test done by DSC Clinic's doctors, or has it done at any GP or doctor in Singapore--then if that person is tested +ve, then all these doctors are required by law to inform the MOH, with the person's identity and all. And the person that is +ve is required by law to tell--in that, if that person has sex with another person without telling that other person that he/she is +ve, then that person is chargeable by law in a Singapore court.
Wah lau. Given the choice, i would rather be tested by AFA liao.
Since there is a difference in procedures involved, how come DSC can let AFA use their premises for tests?? It's really quite contradictory.....
Old 13-08-2004, 12:31 PM
Samster (M)

My Reputation: Points: -152 / Power: 0
CHEEBYFACE CHEEBYFACE

Thanks bro for the info. Every cheongster need to be armed with HIV knowledge.
Old 13-08-2004, 02:29 PM
Samster

Well, the MOH knows it needs to keep track of infection rates to estimate the spread of HIV. But it also knows that the rates it can keep track of can only be underreported because not many people will want to risk being exposed as HIV+ given the laws and the society in Singapore. It knows that more people will be more willing to come forward to get tested, if they could remain anonymous regardless of result. (If you've taken a test by the AfA, you will remember a question in the survey form you have to fill in that asks if you would take the test if you had to give your personal details like name and IC # etc.) That's why it struck a deal with AfA.

It's not the ideal situation for MOH, but it's the best they can get. This way, at least they get to track the spread of this disease. They only get numbers and some demographics and details to splice the data—like how many men, how many women, how old, whether they got it from syringes/needles shooting up on drugs or through sexual contact, whether it's homosexual or heterosexual intercourse etc. Which is useful enough for epidemiological study, but not enough to hunt down and persecute and destroy HIV+ people.

Another reason to do the AfA test instead is the DSC Clinic no longer offers the rapid test like it used to a few years back. So if tested by DSC Clinic, have to wait about a week for the results, not like the 30-45 minutes you have to wait for the AfA one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lacoruna69
Wah lau. Given the choice, i would rather be tested by AFA liao.
Since there is a difference in procedures involved, how come DSC can let AFA use their premises for tests?? It's really quite contradictory.....
Old 13-08-2004, 03:25 PM

Big Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond repute

well said bro perrymason32.. u know something.. of all the points i have giving out.. i think u deserved it most.. there is something which i was wondering though.... do you work for them or in the medical field of work??? and thanks for keeping this thread alive...Cheers!

Old 13-08-2004, 06:07 PM
Samster

Thanks, but no lah. You deserve more credit for not just creating this thread but putting together all the information on it too. (Actually, a lot of questions don't need to be asked, a lot of fears would be allayed—if only folks would just read the info you put on the first few pages of this thread.)

And no lah, it's just that I went through a six-period of psychological horror—fear gripping me to near psychosis—of sheer worry that I kena this evil virus. And so 1) I spent a lot of time asking a hundred and one questions of every doctor and AfA counselor I saw during my frequent trips to see them, 2) days and weeks of trawling the Web for the latest research (damn painful, this) on symptomatic readings and misreadings on infections (by the way, that's useless, cuz ultimately only the ELISA Gen3 can clear you, no matter the symptoms or the PCR (quantitative and qualitative variety included) 3) and months and months with only drugs to get me to sleep, so I have serious empathy for the worriers among us.

Been cheonging for four years, but this last episode was really bad, and I didn't know, still don't know, why. It's true what one counselor told me: When the fear grips you, it really grips you. And no matter how rational you are, and how well you know that the probability can even be negligible—when the fear's got in you, and wrenching your gut, it just won't let go.

I'm glad I'm out of it. Thinking about working with AfA, but damn clumsy with my hands, so may not be able to help with doing the tests on people...
How about you?

Anyway, have a good weekend, bro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Sexy
well said bro perrymason32.. u know something.. of all the points i have giving out.. i think u deserved it most.. there is something which i was wondering though.... do you work for them or in the medical field of work??? and thanks for keeping this thread alive...Cheers!
Old 14-08-2004, 11:24 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 473 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 3337 / Power: 21
lacoruna69 has a reputation beyond reputelacoruna69 has a reputation beyond reputelacoruna69 has a reputation beyond reputelacoruna69 has a reputation beyond reputelacoruna69 has a reputation beyond reputelacoruna69 has a reputation beyond reputelacoruna69 has a reputation beyond reputelacoruna69 has a reputation beyond reputelacoruna69 has a reputation beyond reputelacoruna69 has a reputation beyond reputelacoruna69 has a reputation beyond repute

Bro Perry has always given out useful and sensible advice to bros posting questions on Sexual Health Issues corner.
He is our Sexual Health Guru here.
Got any doubts or questions on STDs or HIV, he is THE MAN to look for.
Old 14-08-2004, 11:33 AM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 111 / Power: 23
mustachio deserves two Tigers! - He's a Great Guymustachio deserves two Tigers! - He's a Great Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lacoruna69
Bro Perry has always given out useful and sensible advice to bros posting questions on Sexual Health Issues corner.
He is our Sexual Health Guru here.
Got any doubts or questions on STDs or HIV, he is THE MAN to look for.
I can't agree anymore! Bro Perry is the man! The official advisor to all bros in the Forum on all HIV related matters. He had helped me overcome all fears and continue living a normal life.
Old 14-08-2004, 11:39 AM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 1295 / Power: 21
bongster has much to be proud ofbongster has much to be proud ofbongster has much to be proud ofbongster has much to be proud ofbongster has much to be proud ofbongster has much to be proud ofbongster has much to be proud ofbongster has much to be proud ofbongster has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by perrymason32
Thanks, but no lah. You deserve more credit for not just creating this thread but putting together all the information on it too. (Actually, a lot of questions don't need to be asked, a lot of fears would be allayed—if only folks would just read the info you put on the first few pages of this thread.)

And no lah, it's just that I went through a six-period of psychological horror—fear gripping me to near psychosis—of sheer worry that I kena this evil virus. And so 1) I spent a lot of time asking a hundred and one questions of every doctor and AfA counselor I saw during my frequent trips to see them, 2) days and weeks of trawling the Web for the latest research (damn painful, this) on symptomatic readings and misreadings on infections (by the way, that's useless, cuz ultimately only the ELISA Gen3 can clear you, no matter the symptoms or the PCR (quantitative and qualitative variety included) 3) and months and months with only drugs to get me to sleep, so I have serious empathy for the worriers among us.

Been cheonging for four years, but this last episode was really bad, and I didn't know, still don't know, why. It's true what one counselor told me: When the fear grips you, it really grips you. And no matter how rational you are, and how well you know that the probability can even be negligible—when the fear's got in you, and wrenching your gut, it just won't let go.

I'm glad I'm out of it. Thinking about working with AfA, but damn clumsy with my hands, so may not be able to help with doing the tests on people...
How about you?

Anyway, have a good weekend, bro!
Bro... even working wif AFA does not mean being just a counsellor, there are many other things that is offered... I do think those guys there deserve a donation for their selfless work!!

Be Responsible do a test:
DSC Clinic 62540212
Blk 31, #02-16 Kelantan Lane
Sat fr 1.30 to 3.30 pm, Tue and Wed fr 6.30 to 8pm.
Old 14-08-2004, 02:41 PM

bro bongster i would like to compliment you on doing a good job on the HIV screening info thread as well.. keep it up! will add point for you too..

Quote:
Originally Posted by bongster
Bro... even working wif AFA does not mean being just a counsellor, there are many other things that is offered... I do think those guys there deserve a donation for their selfless work!!

Advert Space Available
Bypass censorship with https://1.1.1.1

Cloudflare 1.1.1.1